DIY Air-Conditioner for Tent Farmers

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

Ok so I have read some posts on here about air-conditioning, and I know we have a lot of tent farmers at the farm, sooo......This is how I made my DIY air-conditioner last summer for my 4 X 4 tent. First off you will need:

1)Small Oscalating Fan
2)Small Air-Pump
3)8 ft of 1/4 in. copper tube (flexible)
4)8 ft of 1/4 in. rubber hose
5)Styrofoam Cooler
6)Zipties

First step is to wrap your flexible copper tubing in a spiral around the back of the fan (like 4 times depending on the size fan) and ziptie into place as you go. Next cut the rubber tubing in 1/2 and slide on each end of the copper tubing. Connect one end of the rubber tubing to your water pump, and the other back into the cooler. Fill your cooler with iced water and turn your pump on. Thats it!

The ice cold water circulates through the pipes and the cold air is dispursed via the fan. What I usually do is fill like 4- half gallon milk jugs and freeze them over night. I put them in the cooler with water and it lasts for up to 2 days. I usually take my jugs out before lights out and put them in the freezer. If you are in your room everyday like me, to restock your ice, this could work for you.

M

Malachi

No, I have that rig in storage, i dont need it during the winter time. I just figured that I would share it with you guys. I learned how to do it from a DIY homeade AC youtube video. Sure its still there.

M

Malachi

It works pretty good for a small area. I have a 4x4 tent with (2)430W HPS right now. Kinda got space limitations at the moment. But in the summer time when its 90 out I keep the house at 78-80 and my tent can climb in the 100's. With the DIY AC I can get the temps down in the low 80's. It all depends on your air-cooled hood exhaust CFM, the size pump you use in your DIY ac setup, your fan speed/size, and the number of coils you make. You can customize it pretty easy.

Top Bottom