• Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

A bundle of strapping
masonry string 500 ft? maybe 750'!
some scrap 10-12 gauge copper wire to secure frames four corners
4 ratcheting straps
4 anchor hooks

I went with 3" holes on both top and bottom. Make sure you use masonry string, because kite string is too weak in my opinion. I would have saved a bit of time if I had reamed the holes well instead of being lazy. The stringing was the annoying part but, Ill get good at it after a few grows. I just want to cut the string away at harvest.
You could probably make this any size you would need up to 5' x 5', I wouldn't go higher though with these materials...... I attached my frame to my oscillating fan and I am able to get a 2 inch movement on either swing for 4" total and I figured I would experiment with this before buying a light mover. I put stand offs so that the frame will not move beyond that 4"s. I am worried about the unexpected yank, but I am going to try to prevent that in the future when the idea comes. I got standoffs and I am not in

Anyhow, hope you enjoy....
Diy  automated suspended scrog frame

G gnome

G gnome

A bundle of strapping
masonry string 500 ft? maybe 750'!
some scrap 10-12 gauge copper wire to secure frames four corners
4 ratcheting straps
4 anchor hooks

I went with 3" holes on both top and bottom. Make sure you use masonry string, because kite string is too weak in my opinion. I would have saved a bit of time if I had reamed the holes well instead of being lazy. The stringing was the annoying part but, Ill get good at it after a few grows. I just want to cut the string away at harvest.
You could probably make this any size you would need up to 5' x 5', I wouldn't go higher though with these materials...... I attached my frame to my oscillating fan and I am able to get a 2 inch movement on either swing for 4" total and I figured I would experiment with this before buying a light mover. I put stand offs so that the frame will not move beyond that 4"s. I am worried about the unexpected yank, but I am going to try to prevent that in the future when the idea comes. I got standoffs and I am not in

Anyhow, hope you enjoy....View attachment 630513

Nice n clean bro!!! Lookin good!!

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
If you're going to be restringing it each crop Id put screws part way in on top of each level. Then instead of threading new string through each hole it is much faster to just wrap around the screws

fortgreen

fortgreen

that is a good idea Homesteader , thanks for your post i just put some 2x2 in paint can and filled them with rocks im work on reverse engineer your idea so it works in my room :ninja:

hobby4life

hobby4life

Homesteader how did that idea with the fan on the frame turn out?

Top Bottom