Diy Cabinets For Second Grow

• Thread starter xjking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xjking

xjking

I'm getting set for my second grow. I'm planning Sour Diesel and Girl Scout Cookies. 1 of each. I want to grow them in separate "tents" but I am unable to find affordable 2x2x66" tents. Due to space limitations, I am considering building two 2x2x66" cabinets from plywood and lining with mylar. I will be building a 250 watt Cob for each cabinet. I have a couple of questions for those with more experience...

1. Will these cabinets be large enough with one plant in each 1x Sour Diesel and 1x Girl Scout Cookies

2. What can I use to glue the mylar to the plywood

3. Can I plumb them together and use just 1 carbon filter

4. Will I have to worry about mold forming under the mylar

TIA for any insight you can give me for this project. I will post my construction once I gather the materials.

4plant

4plant

1. Yes, they will fit some training and early flipping to flower may be needed.
2. I've build these and used reflective white paint instead but if you insist on Mylar apply it with contact cement before final assembly.
3. Yes, run exhausts into a y fitting then into your fan and push through the filter.
4. No mold will form if you don't have air gaps between the Millar and the build material.
- check out white malemine instead of plywood its way more durable in wet conditions.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
EB5E8C80 EF06 45EC 82C8 2847DC769BA5
4F7007EE 7576 4863 A8C3 DB6D7DA9B1B1

White melamine is great. Easy to clean and reflects light evenly. Good call on the Mylar. It’s a little tricky to cut holes through it but if you put tape on both sides it’s not too bad. The boards I use are cnc’d in a local factory to my specs.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Instead of making 2 - 2x4 cabinets, do you have enough room to make 1- 2x4 cabinet. I have a 2x4 tent that i veg in. I can fit 5 or 6 5gallon fabric pots in there and numerous solo cups and smaller pots in it

xjking

xjking

Thanks for the tip on melamine, I never thought of that and it seems like it would be much easier. @4plant and @JWM2

xjking

xjking

Instead of making 2 - 2x4 cabinets, do you have enough room to make 1- 2x4 cabinet. I have a 2x4 tent that i veg in. I can fit 5 or 6 5gallon fabric pots in there and numerous solo cups and smaller pots in it
Unfortunately I am very limited on space and want to have separate tents or cabinets so I can flower seperately if I wish. I am also planning on using them in the future for vegging and cloning.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Unfortunately I am very limited on space and want to have separate tents or cabinets so I can flower seperately if I wish. I am also planning on using them in the future for vegging and cloning.
That makes sense. I didnt know how limited your space was. It definitely makes sense so you can flower and veg at the same time

Erick31876

Erick31876

View attachment 837802

This is a pic of The Growing Rack. It’s setup to veg down on the bottom and flower on top.
I like that rack set up. Is there a cover for the front of it to close it off, or no. I would like to get something like that to put in my shed. I have a big shed that im working on moving my grow out into. I currently have 3 rooms taken up in my house. On top of that i have to be careful who i have come over to my house.i apologize, im not trying to hijack your thread. I will definitely start a grow log when i get the shed set up and running

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes you can see the cover to the right. It attaches to the rack via industrial grade Velcro sewn into the dual layered cover. The cover is white on the inside to reflect light and black on the outside so light doesn’t escape.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
C4A74C14 CDD3 4F07 9865 DD7B07849818

The light at the top is from the window behind it. It was daylight out when this pic was taken.

The negative air pressure sucks the sides in a little while it’s in use. That keeps all odors well contained and going through the carbon filter. You can stand next to it and not smell a hint of cannabis inside. Also when the front cover is open there is enough air moving that even then the odor doesn’t escape. Once you put your head inside it you can smell it just fine.

I’ve got some videos on my Instagram feed if you want to see it in action. They are short 20-30 second videos. I had some uploaded here but that thread got deleted as it was just a video posting test. Checkout @thegrowingrack on IG.

Actually here’s the link to the video. The Growing Rack video.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey post a video here bro!!
And what do they run for?

Top Bottom