Diy Cob Light Build Help!! Input Needed Please!

• Thread starter Death StoNeD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

You do realize the 5000K spectrum is for veg and not flower though right?

Would never use anything higher than 3500K if I intended on using it for flowering...
Nah bro 5000k LED with a HPS would be baller! As would CMH & HPS or MH & HPS...
Do you have MH & HPS? Use both next things you flower...You have nothing to lose if it doesn't work to your advantage you still gained information

MW7945

MW7945

The spectrum sucks for flowering. It's very heavy in blue. I mean you could, but it's going to be stretchy.

MW7945

MW7945

Nah bro 5000k LED with a HPS would be baller! As would CMH & HPS or MH & HPS...
Do you have MH & HPS? Use both next things you flower...You have nothing to lose if it doesn't work to your advantage you still gained information

I'm running 475w of Vero 29's. No room and/or want for HPS/CMH in there. That's the whole point of LEDs.... to not have to use all the electricity

D

Death StoNeD

Im not worried about electricity at 0.13$/kWh just the heat off HID is insane... a lot of growers report very good results using 5000k so we shall see how my mashup holds up

brazel

brazel

You can run 5000k all the way through veg and flower! Don't get caught up in what you have to do! The sun doesn't change colors...
C&P from science daily
Scattering affects the color of light coming from the sky, but the details are determined by the wavelength of the light and the size of the particle. Molecules and small particles in the atmosphere change the direction of light rays, causing them to scatter and resulting in colorful sunsets

So yes the plant uses more of one spectrum than the other but the plant chooses that.

Just like the forests in all the plant you see growing outdoors and nobody flushes and nobody P h's and nobody nutrients

It's literally so pathetic how people lack to use the mind....
But hey i heard they killed a man buried him in a cave and he rose again

D

Death StoNeD

Yea but ph is done by the micro organisms and there are no chemicals to flush like when using super soil... thanks for the info on the potentiometer on the supply it dint specify in the description

D

Death StoNeD

Those poor jews cant feel bad for them... Jesus came back from the dead, muslims want em all dead and cant succeed hitler tried and failed.... they always come back stronger! They are resilient... maybe jesus was a super jew?

MW7945

MW7945

The sun doesn't change colors...

The sun and LED lights are two VERY different things. Horrible comparison.

Problem being, 5000K is heavy in blue, and no so heavy in red. Can you flower with it? Sure. Is it optimal? Nope.

brazel

brazel

Yea but ph is done by the micro organisms and there are no chemicals to flush like when using super soil... thanks for the info on the potentiometer on the supply it dint specify in the description
Sorry meant PHing the water but it was also meant as wake up... nobody uses cannabis related products but cannabis growers... like its a fvcking gimmick that's why you gotta do so many different things! Use our dope ass feed but oh yeah you gotta flush it out and add cal mag and ph and then and then and then and then

brazel

brazel

Problem being, 5000K is heavy in blue, and no so heavy in red. Can you flower with it? Sure. Is it optimal? Nope.
Have you flowered in anything higher than 3500k?

brazel

brazel

Really!?
Bro LEDs are made from particles of the sun that fell on earth!

brazel

brazel

In the same comment your horrible question came from I also wrote....
"So yes the plant uses more of one spectrum than the other but the plant chooses that."
but in your case you choose it!
All hail

D

Death StoNeD

Yea look at it this way bud im not a huge farmer... 6 x 5gallon pots in a 4x3 this is about saving a few bucks not to enter it in high times my setup at 0.13$/kWh it costs me about 50$/month to run...worm casting/tea bat guano and some random organics here and there if i get a qp i saved 200$ sounds good already anything more is bonus

MW7945

MW7945

In the same comment your horrible question came from I also wrote....
"So yes the plant uses more of one spectrum than the other but the plant chooses that."
but in your case you choose it!
All hail

I don't even know what you're arguing tbh. If you're honestly saying a 5000K spectrum is superior, or hell even identical, to something in the say 2700K-3500K for flowering. You need to lay off the crack pipe.

D

Death StoNeD

Bro thats far from what im saying this is my first build for shits and giggles if it works well il buy a whole new setup using 3000k CXB3070 but hey why not run them when i set em up still have a few months before it gets really cold and the 6 in the oven are vedging my last run i used quantum badboy ( 8×54w t5ho) flowered with 600w hps got 19oz off 6x 6.5' plants and 2x 4.5'... still have a shitload in mason jars just dying there... wasnt able to do shit all summer way too hot for hps so im slowly adjusting my fleet.... no crack unless its green.

brazel

brazel

Bro thats far from what im saying this is my first build for shits and giggles if it works well il buy a whole new setup using 3000k CXB3070 but hey why not run them when i set em up still have a few months before it gets really cold and the 6 in the oven are vedging my last run i used quantum badboy ( 8×54w t5ho) flowered with 600w hps got 19oz off 6x 6.5' plants and 2x 4.5'... still have a shitload in mason jars just dying there... wasnt able to do shit all summer way too hot for hps so im slowly adjusting my fleet.... no crack unless its green.
I personally think you'll like your harvest off the HPS and LED. Wait... I know you'll love your harvest off the HPS & LED.
Well as long as everything else goes smooth, sending them good growing vibes your way ;)

brazel

brazel

I don't even know what you're arguing tbh. If you're honestly saying a 5000K spectrum is superior, or hell even identical, to something in the say 2700K-3500K for flowering. You need to lay off the crack pipe.
I'm not arguing nor am I gonna do anymore of this back and forth.
I'll explain to you.
I wrote a comment, you quoted a section of it and then said...
"The sun and LED lights are two VERY different things. Horrible comparison"

But that was not my point of the comment, my point was... give multiple spectrums and let the plant decide what light it wants to use.

Top Bottom