Diy Cob Light Build Help!! Input Needed Please!

• Thread starter Death StoNeD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Death StoNeD

Thanks bud im sure they will turn out nice i have 3 jean guy in pic 1 and 3 ( sativa) 1 cookies kush is number 2, 1 gorilla cookies is number 4 and one auto blue funk ( blue cheese) is number 5

20171125 100159
20171125 100156
20171125 100203
20171125 100150
20171125 100146
brazel

brazel

Haha yep
Yo mountain organics has been growing his plants lately at 12/12 light from seed and they looking dope! I'm currently trying it .
On Insta you can see his plants

brazel

brazel

The top 5 books are really good information if you wanna learn about what's really going on in the plants. I'm not sure you might know this or I don't know but I'll suggest it either way
20171126 210517

MW7945

MW7945

I'm not arguing nor am I gonna do anymore of this back and forth.
I'll explain to you.
I wrote a comment, you quoted a section of it and then said...
"The sun and LED lights are two VERY different things. Horrible comparison"

But that was not my point of the comment, my point was... give multiple spectrums and let the plant decide what light it wants to use.

And science has long determined which spectrums are best for what...

But... yeah, opinions are cool I guess?

BombBP

BombBP

I think your 5000k led will do just fine in flower. Flowered under both spectrums just fine. Plants probably would respond better under the red side of things but as a hobby grower I'd say the difference would be negligible. Im going to add lots of different Kelvin chips because they all peak slightly different in nanometers. I'll mainly be in the 3500k range but a 4000k, 5000k, 3000k and 2700k will also be used to broaden the spectrum of light my plants get.

Good luck with your light!

D

Death StoNeD

Haha im not worried im sure the mix will kill it...science has never failed us? First it failed humanity. Why was smoking tobacco good for you? Why did they put people with feaver in ice bath? What about how they concluded marijuana kills brain cells? Science is only correct untill proven otherwise...like how the last pope eliminated purgatory you see even christians evolve...so shit changes today dog shit kills us tomorrow its our savior who the fuck knows. Some people think earth is flat can you argue? Have you seen it for yourself? So its ifs buts and coconuts my friend so light one up and remove the sand... no one is saying 100% red light would not be the "current scientific right way" but that nature and how each plant responds cant be scientifically accurate

Last edited:
D

Death StoNeD

Thanks i mean with an added 300w of hps doesnt seem i can go wrong... If it doesnt go fast enough ill blast 600w of hps...
I dont really follow any plan i wing it see what works.... green thumbs ftw my friend my grand mother used to give my mom shit for not washing her house plants every few days... is that science? No TLC plants adapt as we do look at autos

MW7945

MW7945

Haha im not worried im sure the mix will kill it...science has never failed us? First it failed humanity. Why was smoking tobacco good for you? Why did they put people with feaver in ice bath? What about how they concluded marijuana kills brain cells? Science is only correct untill proven otherwise...like how the last pope eliminated purgatory you see even christians evolve...so shit changes today dog shit kills us tomorrow its our savior who the fuck knows. Some people think earth is flat can you argue? Have you seen it for yourself? So its ifs buts and coconuts my friend so light one up and remove the sand... no one is saying 100% red light would not be the "current scientific right way" but that nature and how each plant responds cant be scientifically accurate

That's science funded by an organization trying to push a product.

Feel free to watch any video on YouTube about red vs blue light. The results will be the same on every one. I'm not saying 5000K can't flower. I'm saying it's not ideal.

D

Death StoNeD

For sure but the initial post was really about the setup not really the use of them... i mean those 6 plants have been under 2 54w t5ho for 2weeks had to take lights out to fix ducting dint get to put em back and they are doing fine...

D

Death StoNeD

This is my last run using quantum t5ho for vedge and 600w hps for flower.

Full
sixstring

sixstring

Lol this whole thread is a mess.but i would like to use this opportunity to say the earth is in fact round and the burden of proof is on you as a flatard to prove it is not lol.

As for outdoor light vs man mde lights.we have enough data now to show that using more blue for veg and more red during flower helps make our buds the way we want them.we grow for thc production not for leafy matter.if i had to pick a spot for the cutoff i would say 4000k is it.anything above 4000 is too much blue for flower cycle.unless you enjoy extra trimming lol.

BombBP

BombBP

Not trying to argue with what spectral outputs are better for which grow cycle. Common knowledge. I also wouldn't build a 5000k cob light for flower...unless the chips were on sale lol. I will say 5000k in COBs and 5000k in MH have a very different spectral output nanometer wise and the light from each just doesnt compare. I'm not too convinced his plants won't look fabulous under a 5000k cob system, honestly.

Let's just watch and see. I know I'm interested because I'm trying to put together an all purpose light for veg and flower. So, please, keep this thread updated.

D

Death StoNeD

I will im waiting on the power supply to get this sucker up... on sale paid 60$(75 canadian) for 10 i mean hey if they work out good if not god bless donald trump and kijiji my friend where you can sell garbage for free :D

Top Bottom