DIY discreet clone/small plant transportation?

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Here's what I'm thinking about...

Add a low white LED to the lid... Some way of adding humidity...

Idea's? Inspirations?

Diy discreet clonesmall plant transportation
Diy discreet clonesmall plant transportation 2
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You talking about transporting it for a week or shipping it?

I just use trash bags.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
you wont need light and all that.

Insulating it can help if going out in the sub zeros. Clones just throw them in a gal ziplock. Wrap a wet paper towel around the ends if ya worried. They will be fine during the journey.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I remember stories of Dutch folk bringing cuts over in baggies on overseas flights. Back in the day, we could put things in places ... that is no more. I digress. I think a ziplock may work fairly well as long as there are no bubbles in the stem.

Dr.B

Dr.B

you wont need light and all that.

Insulating it can help if going out in the sub zeros. Clones just throw them in a gal ziplock. Wrap a wet paper towel around the ends if ya worried. They will be fine during the journey.
That's the beauty of the Good Food box. Aside from its low profile. Its insulated. Designed as a cooler.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I remember stories of Dutch folk bringing cuts over in baggies on overseas flights. Back in the day, we could put things in places ... that is no more. I digress. I think a ziplock may work fairly well as long as there are no bubbles in the stem.
I'm thinking, using only what I have, why not give them a comfortable ride? Lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

Maybe I'm overthinking it but where I live, 9 months a year, the ability to provide a stable, humid, lit/reflective mobile environment could definitely be of some value to me. I take clones from other growers plants occasionally. I've had cooler bags set up for this before, I had higher success rates with the bag I put a light in... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I'm doing it lol

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
oh yeah you wont hurt anything. If it gives you the peace of mind go for it!

Dr.B

Dr.B

It works! My sense of discretion went un-noticed. (As is preferred)

The clones did 6 hours on the move in there without flinching, with the addition of a white led and a tray for the bottom, 24 hours or more would be a breeze.

IMG 20200712 133701
IMG 20200712 133651

Latest posts

Top Bottom