DIY grow cabinet help

• Thread starter extremophile420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just got back from the carpenter, the room that is within my budget is 60cm depth, 150cm width, 200cm height. The 1m deep will cost way over my budget.

Can i sacrifice some height? If i do, maybe i will be able to make it 1m deep within mh budget.
Remember, that between, the pots, lights, hangers, yo-yos, and head room..you will lose a bunch of height before you even begin. 6' is my own minimum.

E

extremophile420

Remember, that between, the pots, lights, hangers, yo-yos, and head room..you will lose a bunch of height before you even begin. 6' is my own minimum.
Ill be using quantum boards, do you think i can go down to 180cm?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ill be using quantum boards, do you think i can go down to 180cm?
IDK ..180cm is like 6ft.high?
figure 1 ft for a pot..1 ft for the hangers, (you can mod the hangers to make them shorter, and eliminate yoyos if need be)
So your plant can only have 4ft of height..BUT you will need about 18" of space from the tops to avoid bud bleaching and light stress. So you lose space again.

Most of my grows are fine, but some will stretch 3x or more! I supercrop like crazy, and also will flower taller strains in a spare bathtub with 10ft high ceilings!
I grow many of my own pollen chucks, and thus never really have an idea of just what I am in for! Makes life interesting..LOL

Super Sweet Tooth (MSNL only) x BOG Sour Grape

20191226 073458 resized

E

extremophile420

IDK ..180cm is like 6ft.high?
figure 1 ft for a pot..1 ft for the hangers, (you can mod the hangers to make them shorter, and eliminate yoyos if need be)
So your plant can only have 4ft of height..BUT you will need about 18" of space from the tops to avoid bud bleaching and light stress. So you lose space again.

Most of my grows are fine, but some will stretch 3x or more! I supercrop like crazy, and also will flower taller strains in a spare bathtub with 10ft high ceilings!
I grow many of my own pollen chucks, and thus never really have an idea of just what I am in for! Makes life interesting..LOL

Super Sweet Tooth (MSNL only) x BOG Sour Grape

View attachment 925344
I decided to get a 60cm deep 180cm wide and 200cm high cabinet. Its over my budget but this is the perfect size for stealth and limitations in my apartment. That way ill have a 2x4 room powered by a 250w quantum board for flowering 2 plants , and a 2x2 room split at 50cm height to make some room for clones and/or moms, powered by 125w quantum board for vegging 2 plants, and some t5 strips for the clones and mothers. Sounds good?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I decided to get a 60cm deep 180cm wide and 200cm high cabinet. Its over my budget but this is the perfect size for stealth and limitations in my apartment. That way ill have a 2x4 room powered by a 250w quantum board for flowering 2 plants , and a 2x2 room split at 50cm height to make some room for clones and/or moms, powered by 125w quantum board for vegging 2 plants, and some t5 strips for the clones and mothers. Sounds good?
Hell yeah!
You won't regret it!

E

extremophile420

Hell yeah!
You won't regret it!
So i decided to get a 60cmx180x200 closet. Any tips or remarks regarding construction? Im planning to make a frame covered with plywood or osb painted flat white.
Any remarks i should tell the carpenter in order to make the best grow environment? (tips to make it light tight, air tight, make it last longer etc...)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So i decided to get a 60cmx180x200 closet. Any tips or remarks regarding construction? Im planning to make a frame covered with plywood or osb painted flat white.
Any remarks i should tell the carpenter in order to make the best grow environment? (tips to make it light tight, air tight, make it last longer etc...)
I am not good with wood, but I suggest that he tries to consider the relatively high humidity and protect the bare wood with something (coating?)

Last edited:
sturgis

sturgis

Top Bottom