DIY Pest Traps

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I was asked to take some pics of my cheap traps but I do not think a how to is necessary. I buy a 30" x 24" yellow foam board for about 3.50at Staples. I then cut them up into the size I need them. I use a product called Tangalfoot for 7 bucks at HD that lasts a long time. It is mainly used as an insect barrier. I buy 100 wooded
skewers for .99. I then stick the pointed end about 3" inside the card. Then using a putty knife I put a very thin film on the cards. Cost about 3.75 to make 30 cards. JK

Legion

Legion

That'll do it.. if you wanted to get fancy I guess you could take some of the yellow card they sell down to the paint shop and have them match it. Might be cheaper to paint cardboard then buy art board..

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

a pic would really help. I don't understand the skewers objective of the skewers if you put the tanglefoot on the card instead of on the skewers.

L

LBZ Farmer

I like it! I imagine the skewers are to put the cards in the soil upright.

J

Jalisco Kid

I like it! I imagine the skewers are to put the cards in the soil upright.

Correct. You can also fold them and use a string or wire to hold them in that form.(pointed end at top, the string keeps the bottom at 3"-4" wide and stops it from flattening out.) I use these where I have more room. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

That'll do it.. if you wanted to get fancy I guess you could take some of the yellow card they sell down to the paint shop and have them match it. Might be cheaper to paint cardboard then buy art board..

I thought about the shade of yellow,the color of the foam board is damn close. Close enough that some fruit flies landed on the cards while I was cutting them in the back yard. The foam board is study and will not absorb moisture like cardboard. I have a friend who thought construction paper would be cheaper and better, Mine last throughout a whole cycle. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I am trying to find a diy formula using google for tanglefoot for our mango grove and this old thread popped up. I forgot all about it. Trying not have to buy a 25 lb pail for 225.00 JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I appreciate that,the first two are attractants something I would not want to put on trees of fruit. Our mangos attract enough insects. What our problem is are the leaf cutters,they want to defoliate the trees. My Compadre is of the lazy school, until now. He adds nothing for the trees. You really can't call it organic because he does nothing. I am just trying to make sure I have enough mangos to eat and bake with all year. People are so complacent here that they let fruit rot on the trees. I want to at least dehydrate a bunch. It was killing me paying 5 bucks a lb in SD. JK
I was wondering what resin they were referring to.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That reminds me of Guam. I couldn't believe all the fruit I saw, just being left on the trees. I assumed it would be like Puerto Rico and I'd see a man with a cart every mile or so selling, well, the fruits of his labors.

Btw, I went ahead and stickied this, cuzza the recipe Cap put up. I was making it and got it all over this thread. Shit works!

burn4me

burn4me

so glad i found this....have everything down to the last staple and screw for my room. my wife reminded me of flying boogers. and i was thinking DIY.......then like always the farm pulled through and help me in my search. thanks guys. and mrs sea for stickying (thats not a word lol) it up.

Dunge

Dunge

Google found Tangalfoot jar traps but no spreadable slime that I see.
Cap: The link to a DIY Tangalfoot lists "resin powder". Any help on what this is?
I use too many sticky traps and would appreciate a DIY solution.

J

Jalisco Kid

Tangelfoot is sold in tubes and tubs at HD. To cheap to make something unless you have too much time on your hands, or doing a grove. I too was curious about what resin was used.
@ seamaiden you should have copied caps formula as this will be deleted soon when I get banned. Suerte JK

burn4me

burn4me

Tangelfoot is sold in tubes and tubs at HD. To cheap to make something unless you have too much time on your hands, or doing a grove. I too was curious about what resin was used.
@ seamaiden you should have copied caps formula as this will be deleted soon when I get banned. Suerte JK
hey you are still around huh? lol anyway great posts my homie and i are making some of these

Top Bottom