DIY Recharge at each feeding?

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey everyone...

I'm thinking about making my own "Recharge", here is what I have and the amounts PER GALLON I am considering.

I saw a journal or diary a bit ago in my travels of a guy who was using organics with minimal salt based nutrients. Bummed I can't find it now. His plants sure looked nice which got my pea turning upstairs lol. He was using a light Megacrop mix like 1gr/gal all the way thru and added in the organics listed below along with the Megacrop per gal of feed. Here is what is recommended & what I was planning to add.

Rec. Dose/gal My Dose/g
Epsom 1gr 1gr
Sea Kelp 1 tea 1/2 tea
Humic Acid 1-2 tea 1/8 tea
Fulvic 1/4 - 1/2 tea 1/8 tea
Gypsum 1/4 tea 1/8 tea
Worm Castings 1 - 2 tbs 1 tea
Fermented Fruit Juice 15ml 5ml
Fermented Fish Stuff 15ml 5ml

This will be seedling/veg mix and the transition through flower & flowering will be above PLUS 1gr/gal Megacrop + .5gr Sweet Candy. Also will be adding Massive at 1/2 dose/gal after 2 weeks flowering for 3 to 4 weeks.

I was thinking I would make like a 10X jug of just the organics ahead and add required amount I wanted for the plant whether seedling, veg or flower.

Thoughts, input, output, ideas, other additives?, less?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
You've got some issues if you are going to use this as a liquid concentrate.
  • Kelp is typically kept at a high pH to stay suspended and soluble. Fulvic acid as a concentrate is typically kept at a low pH to stay suspended and soluble.
  • Humic acid is long chain organic matter and fulvic is short chain organic matter. There's some more differences, but they are redundant other than the carbon content in the humic acid.
  • Gypsum is not soluble at all. Diamond K gypsum can be suspended for a short time, but still settles out.
  • Worm castings and bacteria are going to make smelly bio-sludge in your concentrate.
Perhaps mix the dry ingredients for tea/top dress or mix the liquids for a RTU soluble? If you try to do everything as one, you might have a bad time.

sportyridr

sportyridr

You've got some issues if you are going to use this as a liquid concentrate.
  • Kelp is typically kept at a high pH to stay suspended and soluble. Fulvic acid as a concentrate is typically kept at a low pH to stay suspended and soluble.
  • Humic acid is long chain organic matter and fulvic is short chain organic matter. There's some more differences, but they are redundant other than the carbon content in the humic acid.
  • Gypsum is not soluble at all. Diamond K gypsum can be suspended for a short time, but still settles out.
  • Worm castings and bacteria are going to make smelly bio-sludge in your concentrate.
Perhaps mix the dry ingredients for tea/top dress or mix the liquids for a RTU soluble? If you try to do everything as one, you might have a bad time.
Thanks for your reply Bill.

kelp & fulvic ph differences noted, maybe I could alternate each.

regarding Humic & Fulvic...I was just going to use Humic, then read about Fulvic so added that & decreased initial humic quantity. If I were to just use one of them, what would you recommend?

is everything I have seen about gypsum being a soil conditioner & useful is wrong?

Smelly noted as well, I can decrease those FFJ & FFS if need be.

Only reason for making concentrate was to avoid adding each, every time I mix nutrients

Thanks for your time

Top Bottom