***DIY***self watering buckets rain water cistern combo ***DIY***

• Thread starter Red Stripe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Red Stripe

Red Stripe

ok so i need a bucket i dont need to water for one month... dry acrid conditions high heat...

real challenge here...... but i have lurked for a long time and this site's DIY experts are some of the best...

a couple of links to get an idea of it....

notice on page 7-8 how they have the milk jug res. ok now add this on top of res.....

now my ignorance of fluid dynamics ..... so you have them out there 10 days of so with no rain ... then we get a storm 2' inches or so..... ok lets just assume the rain has filled the bottom of the bucket and 2/3 of milk jug/res. ... how do we set this up heeehee hope this makes sence ??:fubar ITS IN MY HEAD!!!

Red Stripe

Red Stripe

So far...17 people have no idea wtf i'm talking about ...hehee

D

Dubsta

Not sure if this is even what your looking for not sure if your doiing indoors or outdoors, but for outdoors something like this with drippers hooked up, u can even use a car battery and timer to set them to drip feed when ever, now for indoors i got a better idea. Do a 5gal DWC ran into another bucket, 5gal or whatever size u think u need for a whole month of water and it should hold up well.... I'll come back to this when i have more time sorry.

They sell them at walmart in alot of different sizes. These can be used in your backyard or where ever for indoor grows to, since the rain water is so bad ass! :afroweed:I'm doing one outdoor spot where im setting one of these at up on the hill right above where my few sites will be, so packing water wont be a problem at all. Just make sure to hide them really well.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10902082&findingMethod=rr

0083345600805_500X500.jpg

Heaven and Earth has created a collapsable rain barrel which will change your life. Live life greener and do your part on helping out our planet. These rain barrels will ensure that you are getting the most out of life.

Heaven and Earth have come up with a unique, smart item. As our population grows and our enviroment suffers there needed to be a inexpensive and eco-friendly way to supply water to all who need it. Many area in our world face water shortages or water restrctions. The 52 Gallon Knock Down Rain Water Barrel, lets you collect your rain water from your gutter spout for an additional water supply. Saving rain water helps save money and our enviroment. 40% of all water is used outdoors for plants and lawns during the warmer months. The Heaven and Earth water barrels make it easier to water your plants with fresh water instead of tap water. Plants love fresh water and you should too! Product includes filter, tap and overflow and it's collapsible for storage. Go green while you save green

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't see it happening unless you automate the nutrient needs too. Nutrients premixed will only last about 10 days max.

Red Stripe

Red Stripe

ThCx to all we have something working over here!! I will post when complete..

Latest posts

Top Bottom