DIY UC Question

• Thread starter m1rage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

m1rage

I am trying to price out my own construction of an 8gallon, 4x3unit undercurrent (12 site total-likely would have split running back to pump and epicenter). I am just curious as to what size pump the resident experts would suggest-reading over several DIYs shows me that pumps being too strong/too weak is a problem when constructing these undercurrents. I could not find the specs on a pump for an 8gall 4x3 design on UCs website... Thinking that around 1000GPH would likely do the trick..... but members like babyhughie have stated that 900GPH was more than sufficient in a 10site 8gal UC. Thanks in advance...

hiboy

hiboy

If you click on the ucxl link on the home page of cch20 you will see that it comes with a mag700. I recently picked up this exact unit used once on craigs list for 1100. -pumped-
hiboy

M

m1rage

Thanks for your response hiboy-I am salivating at the thought of UCs at that price on CL.... but unfortunately can't find any in mich. Do you think the 900GPH work in a 4x3 design as well? I found the table of air pump/water pump specs on the UC site-a 950 is suggested for the 4x3 13gal - I think 900 or 950 will work, should not be an issue.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

go with the danner mag drive 500GPH.. i promise you this will be perfect 900-1100 is way to big.. i had to close my return line to half way open because the roots were jamming up the pipes.. when i harvested and cut out the plants the roots were connected to each other and were a bitch to get out... all you want this pump to do is circulate the water.. Bigger is NOT better in this situation.. i found that out first hand.. If you want to Buy something Bigger go with the air pump.. i Purchased a ap-60 to go along with my ap-100... more oxygen to the roots means bigger and faster growth... I just started a new grow will be making a thread very soon... Im in MI also, send me a PM with ur ## wouldnt mind helping a fellow michigander out

Top Bottom