diy uc system. got a question.

• Thread starter Bdt1981
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bdt1981

Bdt1981

ok so we build this 4 module setup and im new to them and was wondering how much water movement should I see with airstones off. it don't look like much at all but when I put hands over return manifold could feel lots of suction. using danner mag 250 gph and 1 1/4 in piping. thanks

QleanerQuest

QleanerQuest

Hey bro, good morning. Im building a diy recirc. Uc myself. But Ive built and grown with about every hydro method there is(and still.do.t know shit!!). Couple questions before I can give u an answer. Do u have valves on each unit??. Would you care to post a couple pics of whatcha got goin on my freind?A Smaller diameter will increase pressure and elevate disolved oxygen levels. Larger u go, less pressure u have. I probably wouldve went with atleast a 396 gph pump and prob 3/4". But u can get away with it. Make sure u have a valve for flow to each individual unit, allowing u to control pressure.
Here's what I have:
8 -27gal units. All fed by 1600gph pump(becuz I will be adding more units). 3/4" manifold, and 11/4" overflow drain system. Valves for each unit to compensate pressure.
Over doin it a lil, but I plan expanding.
Hope I can help a little. Id really like to see a couple pics. See ya in a lil while...
Quest

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

What are your total gallons for the system. Sounds like you should be OK for a 4 bucket system. Have a look at the UC site and it will give you a better idea of what you should be running.

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Here couple pics. It's kinda a mess and just mainly filled it up to check for leaks. Threw it together in couple hours one bucket leaked because I cut the hole with wrong saw and tried using bigger washer. I think it will be fine there is for sure movement with active aqua 110 lieters per hour. I was thinking the recirculation was going to be more visible its the air stones that airate the hell out of it.
IMAG0198

IMAG0199
IMAG0197
IMAG0196
IMAG0195
Top Bottom