DIY Undercurrent 32x5 Gal 7000 Watt Watercooled Vertical Lights

• Thread starter OGMostly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGMostly

Getting the new grow going. Just built a new UC with 5 gallon black buckets using 5 in. net pots. I used 1 1/4 PVC for this project with the General Hydroponics uniseals "1 13/16 Hole Saw From Grainger" that come as replacement parts for the aeroflo 2. I got them at aroun 1.65 a piece. Since I am doing Bubba this round I wanted to add a few more buckets then I usually run with the OG "24". I am also using a General Hydroponics TNC pump, These things are bulletproof and are extremely efficient.

Grow:

6 x 1k Lumatek - Magnum - Hortilux Super HPS - Combos
2 x 8 in MaxFans placed before and after the Y's that feed the lights
2 x 1 Ton Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioners "Fed cold air with a Vortex to increase cooling"
2 x 400 watt Lumatek Vertical Lights - Water Cooled "Can 33, 6 in fan, Icebox 6, CoolTube"
65 Pint Dehumidifier
Sentinal CHHC4 Controller
2 x 70 liter Active Aqua air pumps with 16 buckets on each
GH 20 liter air pump on 27 gallon epicenter
4 x rows of 8 buckets staggered.
4 x Wall Mount 16 in Fans
1 HP Eco Plus Chiller
Stainless Steel 3/8 in. Coil 25 ft.

Nutrients:
Going All Advanced Nutrients

1. Advanced Nutrients connoisseur A n B
2. B52
3. Bud Candy
4. Rhino Skin
5. Voodoo Juice
6. Nirvana
7. Kushie Kush
8. Big Bud
9. Cal Mag Bloom
10. Synsi Zym
11. Bud Factor X
12. Overdrive
13. Final Flush

Spin that shit :mad0233:

Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 2
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 3
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 4
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 5
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 6
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 7
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 8
Diy undercurrent 32x5 gal 7000 watt watercooled vertical lights 9
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome farmer

looks like you put in a lot of work - good luck with the grow

O

OGMostly

Motherload, nice to meet you. Seen you around these boards for a while now.Thank you for the warm welcome, I have been reading your guys boards for years and am stoked to finally post a grow journal here on the best fkn grow site on the planet. And yes this was some work but I think it will be big, lets see.

B

Burned Haze

Welcome my man!

Looking great, A+ setup

Pulling a chair for this one .

lava

lava

Hi OGMostly

Setup looks great, sounds like you know what your doing. One thing about blowing cold air onto a light, it will make the light run colder than it was design to and mess up the spectrum and lumen output. Also, are you worried about condensation blowing onto the bulb or dripping into the fan?

Other than that, everything looks great.

O

OGMostly

Hi OGMostly

Setup looks great, sounds like you know what your doing. One thing about blowing cold air onto a light, it will make the light run colder than it was design to and mess up the spectrum and lumen output. Also, are you worried about condensation blowing onto the bulb or dripping into the fan?

Other than that, everything looks great.

Great question bro. I dont worry about condensation as I have used the whole hydro innovations setup a few times now. I dont think the fan will blow it high enough to strike the bulb vertically for one thing, and the humidity in the room is lik 40% and 75 degrees so its not a real wet environment for 2.

I am fascinated by your thoughts on spectral and lumen loss though. Does this happen with air cooled hoods as well you think? Is that the reason everyone just lets thier bulbs hang in vert light setups? I was just trying to improve on the design, thought this would be more effecient than just letting em hang. Let me know your thoughts if you wouldnt mind.

O

OGMostly

Flipping Today and here are my bitches, they are all looking good going into the flower. Still wondering why i decided to do Bubba this time, but fuck it lol.

Nutes: 150 Gallon

1 ml Con A & B

.5 ml Ritzotonic

4 ml Bud Ignitor

1 ml Bud Factor

1 ml B52

Per Gallon.

Thanks everyone for subscribing, I will post pics regularly and keep it live.

2011 11 11 213801
2011 11 11 213752
2011 11 11 213722
2011 11 11 213710
2011 11 11 020832
2011 11 11 020720
2011 11 11 020818
2011 11 11 214646
R

reggiebaseball

I may not be seeing this right, but if you have your icebox BEFORE your lamp, I am not sure that is proper implementation.

On those 400s I think it should go (from the floor up)
carbon scrubber>fan > cooltube > icebox

So the air is cooled as it flows out into the room, not prior to hitting your bulb.

C

Cali Grower

I may not be seeing this right, but if you have your icebox BEFORE your lamp, I am not sure that is proper implementation.

On those 400s I think it should go (from the floor up)
carbon scrubber>fan > cooltube > icebox

So the air is cooled as it flows out into the room, not prior to hitting your bulb.

That's simply incorrect. By putting the icebox after the lamp, you're cooling exhausted air which will only work so well. The icebox goes before the lamp so that you're cooling the lamp which in turn cools the air. The latter is more efficient because you're cooling the heat at the source which deters heat build up more so then cooling after the heating source.

This makes me contemplate whether a icebox before and after would work and be worth the extra $$$.

Happy Growing :cool0041:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
That's simply incorrect. By putting the icebox after the lamp, you're cooling exhausted air which will only work so well. The icebox goes before the lamp so that you're cooling the lamp which in turn cools the air. The latter is more efficient because you're cooling the heat at the source which deters heat build up more so then cooling after the heating source.

This makes me contemplate whether a icebox before and after would work and be worth the extra $$$.

Happy Growing :cool0041:

I would be interested in a more scientific explanation of why you think that is true Cali Grower, it is the opposite of what the company making the product recommends. I don't see how you could ever cool the lamp enough that it "in turn" cools the air, the lamp has a high burn temp to be producing the proper lumens and if it was cold enough to be cooling the air I don't think it would be at its highest efficiency. Please correct me if I am way off here.

I would agree more with reggie, with one change. (floor to ceiling):
carbon scrubber> cooltube > fan >icebox

Let the fan pull any radiant heat from around the bulb and then let the ice box cool that removed heat and pump nice cool air back into your room. But I read that you have used this setup a few times now, so I can't say it doesn't work for you. Just my 2 cents.

-Meeks

O

OGMostly

Hey guys, this technology in my experience works prety much either way. Blowing cold air over the light, or cooling the hot air from the light. These 400 watt sunpulse bulbs barely put off any heat anyways. The main reason I did it this way was because the fan and the cooltube had the same diameter and wouldnt fit in oneanother. So I added the icebox so that they would stack well. And it all works great. Cold air out the top of the cooltube so I am happy with it.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
If its works for you, I can't argue with that! Everything is looking great so far. Good luck and ill be watching.

-Meeks

Top Bottom