diy vacuum pruge station

• Thread starter Glab120
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glab120

Glab120

I fell theres a huge lack of information out there on how to make proper BHO and that the peopel with the knowledge are keeping it a close secert. that being said this is not a how to bho thread but i do feel strongly that anyone making oil for personal use or to share should be vacuum purging period. the entire process can be done in around an hour or two and ensures you will be smoking a safe product.

the start up cost will be around $200 and you should be abel to find everything at casa depot except the vac pump that will be at a harbor freight or auto parts store. and walmart for the ss food container

ill try to list everything i used but hopefully you will get an idea of what will work.

the first thing you will need is a vac pump. dont waste your time with a handeld mightyvac. harbor freight sells them for around $105
A vacuum chamber, i use a ss food container from walmart, it workes great for me but i only purge 5-6 grams of oil at a time. any more and you need a bigger container.
all of the air lines and fittings are 1/4 inch and can be found at casa depot except for the line that screws into the vac pump for this i use an ac charging line sold at any auto parts store.

now building the lid is were your design might vary. i used three 8x10 inch pieces of lexan and six bolts to hold it together. the lid has to be very stong so dont get cheap know, take your time and make it right.

im sure im forgeting alot of stuff but hopefully this will get some people started. ask me any questions you can think of ide like to get a good thread going about everything BHO.
Diy vacuum pruge station
Diy vacuum pruge station 2
Diy vacuum pruge station 3
Diy vacuum pruge station 4

nebulius

nebulius

I was just looking at a chemical extractor today. They go for a few thou, ouch! $200 sounds a lot more reasonable. Haven't made any BHO and only smoked it once. That will change in the coming future, :). thanks for info

Glab120

Glab120

I was just looking at a chemical extractor today. They go for a few thou, ouch! $200 sounds a lot more reasonable. Haven't made any BHO and only smoked it once. That will change in the coming future, :). thanks for info

yea the info just isnt out there, i dont pretent to know every thing yet but ive done around a hundred extractions and belive ive perfected my process. the best extracton method is a glass tube with and a couple coffe filters on the end. http://www.greenleafharvest.com/Essential-Oil-Extractors_c_11.html heres a link for a very affordabel extractor.

nebulius

nebulius

is there a cheap way to do CO2 extractions. I know nothing about it, but like the idea of a less toxic solvent.

Glab120

Glab120

is there a cheap way to do CO2 extractions. I know nothing about it, but like the idea of a less toxic solvent.

I too know nothing about co2 extractons. ive also never tried any co2 oil so i couldent tell you if ones better than the other. what i like about bho is being abel to control the consistency and texture while purging. you can make shatter,wax ,budder or honeycomb depending on what you like. all co2 oil ive seen has been a amber glass or shatter consistency.

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

nice thread Glab... I think with a good vac purge bho is as safe as it gets... with proper handling I think butane is also safer than using high pressure co2 and i've never seen co2 oil that holdes a candle to anything I've made with butane.
I haven't made my vac purge setup yet so I can't wait to make some even better oil and your post is simple and definitley gonna help, Thanks Bro!

Glab120

Glab120

Ok here we go a simple tutorial on how i vac purge my oil. i decided to use buds instead of trim for todays show, hopefully this shows how easy it is to make high quality oil and how efficeiant using buds can be. this is a very small batch i usally use run around 30-40 grams of loose buds and trim but figured this would be more helpfull for the average tooker who dosent have access to lots of trim. and its way easier to do small batches like this, start to finish in about an hour

i used 4.5 grams of whitewidow chopped up with scissors and blown through a small glass tube with 2 coffee filters on the end.

Nnnnnot dis 209

im gonna skip to the purging step but you will need to scrape your oil onto parchment paper to make it easy to work with and place that into the vac chamber and start sucking. after the first purge with no heat you should end up with an expanded chunk thats stabel at room temp. it should look like this. first pic will be at full vac the second pic is after i pulled it out.
Nnnnnot dis 192

Nnnnnot dis 195

smush it back into a glob and purge it again it should still expand but not as much. once its completly stabel at room temps both under a full vac and stays the same when you release the vac you can add heat. now while still under a full vac start adding heat but never above about 160 . the oil should return back to a sap like consistency and just bubble under a full vac at around 130 degrees.
Nnnnnot dis 202

Nnnnnot dis 194

Nnnnnot dis 198

once it stops bubbling under a full vac at around 130 degrees i typically call it a day. let it cool down and enjoy.
Nnnnnot dis 205

Nnnnnot dis 206

so in under an hour i turned 4.5 grams of bud into .9 grams of shatter. almost a 20% return. hopefully this will make the hole process a little less scary for some people.

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

mmm looks like white widow makes a good concentrate. nice work glab

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Really cool vacuum setup Glab120, it looks both safe and professional.
I've read that vacuum purging is necessary to making BHO and the one time I did it with a friend, he had one, but I've never tried since as I don't know know to make a vacuum pump like yours. Didn't want to do it without and end up poisoning myself and others.
After reading this thread, I might give it a go. Certainly have enough trim to play with.
That shatter looks superb. :D

YS

Glab120

Glab120

Really cool vacuum setup Glab120, it looks both safe and professional.
I've read that vacuum purging is necessary to making BHO and the one time I did it with a friend, he had one, but I've never tried since as I don't know know to make a vacuum pump like yours. Didn't want to do it without and end up poisoning myself and others.
After reading this thread, I might give it a go. Certainly have enough trim to play with.
That shatter looks superb. :D

YS
thanks. if you have any mechanical ability you could build a setup like this. with good trim you can still get a 10-15% return.

pork

pork

are you using a gasket between the SS container and the lexan top? also, what are you using to heat the SS up to 160 with (looks like electric stovetop)?

Glab120

Glab120

this is a one gallon ss container i recently built it todo bigger runs with. i purged 21 grams of oil with no problems last weekend. my guess is that anything over an OZ would be pushing it. i am using a homemade gasket its a rubber bath mat that i glued to the lexan. and yes i am heating it up on my stovetop but don't get scared my stove has a lil plate warmer section that works perfectly

Vac pot 002
Vac pot 003
pork

pork

thanks for those pics...really helped explain a few things...i've been watching some vids and seeing some serious mushrooming when running the vac...how much height should be compensated for this?

Glab120

Glab120

thanks for those pics...really helped explain a few things...i've been watching some vids and seeing some serious mushrooming when running the vac...how much height should be compensated for this?
Just a gram or two of oil will mushroom up the size of a baseball the first time under full vac. When doing large runs you have to stop the pump befor the oil muffin hits the sides or top of the container let it down then repeat till you can get it into a stabel muffin at full vacuum.

Glab120

Glab120

IMG 0478
heres some of my oil smoking goodies i recently picked up a $75 oil rig.lol so i figured i would share it with yall its the smallest one in the middel with the v3 nail in it.(its actually a lil ripper) id love to get some highend glass but just cant justify the high price right now. i also dig the healthstone alot i think its the easiest way to smoke oil.

The Mulls

The Mulls

wOws .. heaps of cools info there to wrap my head around ... . new to the whole notion of a vac purg for my honey .... . hmmmm .. i nOw see sum mcgyver buldin in mY future .. thanks much for the share ..
Cheers ... Mrs Mull :p

Glab120

Glab120

does anybody have advice on how to make that super dry looking honycomb wax. I only stop purging once i have a completly stabel product at whatever temp im running it at, for an oil or shatter i only heat to 120 degrees and for wax ill heat it up to around 140. im assuming its just honeycomb wax thats budderd up from higher temps than 140 but im not sure.

Top Bottom