Dj Short Blueberry - Without The Blueberry

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I also read somewhere that Dutch Passion may still have DJ's BB as he once worked for them back years ago. Anyone ever grow DP BB beans?
Yes and they are from DJ originally.. Gifted or maybe purchased from DJ.. DP's are just about the same as DJ's beans.. No strong BB smell or taste..

N

Nirrity

hey Dankalicious, aside for blueberry flava.. how would you rate them in terms of high? is it really euphoric or just mellow and relaxing? what the potency is like?
oh and, well, if they are not blueberry then what's the taste/smell is like?
cheers bro and stay secure

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

oh i get the point....
Somebody sold u a lemon and ya still wanna use it in ur breeding but call it an orange
I love your sarcasm......
I like your mindset of starting with 40 to start. Makes me realize how hard these guys work to get a decent strain. my prob has always been seperating those hard working folks from the greedy not so hard working..false advertisers

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

So here's the followup.... Being that DJ has worked extensively on his creations, they are indeed world class stock. We all know and respect DJ, and he is only letting out a small fraction of the information he has on his plants. Trust me. The thing about cannabis plants, and phenotype selection, is that these special plants instinctively find ways to "alert" you of their presence in a group. So this male was very clear to make sure he was chosen. Lets just say that for now. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if he has the capabilities to produce the flavor, until his daughters are grown out. For now, I have contacted an organization that does cannabis genome sequencing, and I plan to have him in the registry by the end of October, when I expect his F1 offspring to be ripe and ready. Either way, he is a very expensive specimen LOL! and should have some really nice genetics buried in there somewhere. Recently we were able to prove that his purple pigmentation is dominant and a double paring of that gene produces mostly purple plants to varying degrees. He has a lot of amazing breeder qualities for a plant, and soon we should be able to see what his cannabinoid potentials are. The sibling females were grown outdoors and were very few in numbers, they were dark purple and mostly hybrid effects. None were copied based on lack of desired flavors. I did not F2 them for that reason.

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

The only REAL blueberery has been taken and bred now by others. DJ lost his male and took another route entirely. I don't realy understand what happened. Not a single report I have read claims even decent results.

I have a hunch we are being sold that same exact line of genetics with that terp gene purposely turned OFF. So he is either keeping copies of specimens with the gene turned ON, or he knows how to activate it.

KingJamesOG

KingJamesOG

I met DJ Short last year and picked up 40 seeds of his "Blueberry" F4 generation. Grew them all out, and they all were very uniform. Found only a couple that had a different smell or branching structure. However none of them had the Blueberry Terp profile. Good quality herb, but I wouldn't label it "Blueberry". The phenos I kept leaned more toward the sativa side. One of the males is in a breeding project right now. But I am not wanting to label him "Blueberry" in the lineage chart because I believe it is misleading. I also do not want to claim the flowers of the females are "Blueberry" when they do not have that smell. So what would you call it? The plants are very purple all the way from the stems to the flowers. I'm wondering if I should label the genetics "Purple Thai" for legitimate common sense reasons.... I think calling them "Blueberry" is false advertising.
I found that In this djsbb as well until I moved it father from the light gave her lighter feeding and the smell and flavor only comes out after the cure until then is more floral With a very faint funk. Didn't think it be very good smoke for lack of smell but after a month in a jar i smoked it with my gf that doesn't care for many flavors of herb it was her favorite I kept a mother just for her to smoke and it's dense nugs and tight nodes. Now I've made a few x breeds and they all have it's great structure with more funk.

N

Nirrity

hey Dankalicious) i hate to sound like a broken record but can you please leave a few words about the type of effect and flavour/taste on your blueberries? specifically, does it have notably euphoric effects or is it more generic happy mellow feel-good hybrid type of smoke ?

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

hey Dankalicious) i hate to sound like a broken record but can you please leave a few words about the type of effect and flavour/taste on your blueberries? specifically, does it have notably euphoric effects or is it more generic happy mellow feel-good hybrid type of smoke ?
To be honest I smoked a few grams of different chosen females, it was like thai flavor, sweet but kind of woody, it was more of a chill type indica stone. All were very uniform in traits. F4 generation. They all looked and smelled the same. Not the strongest odor either, very subtle. Wasn't my choice for the year so I didn't keep any to extract or anything. Maybe I should have grown them out a few times to bring the potential out, but with that terp it's there or it's not, and they didn't yield anything special. I have similar plants that are mixes of the real terp, and it's extremely loud no matter what you do to it. Were you interested in trying to locate those genetics for effect alone?

KingJamesOG

KingJamesOG

What bank did you get the seeds from? Were there any purple stripe phenos?
The single seed centre yes there were phenos that later in with cold nights turned dark purple but had short squat structure like a pure Indo with rock hard nuggs . Blueberry too blue berry syrup terps

N

Nirrity

yep i am looking for an euphoric relaxing anxiety-free type of smoke. too many hybrids/cuts nowadays are more on a stronger disorienting confusing side of effects and too few can give that distinct grinning stress and worries melt away not a care in a world sense of well-being and content that we call euphoria.

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

yep i am looking for an euphoric relaxing anxiety-free type of smoke. too many hybrids/cuts nowadays are more on a stronger disorienting confusing side of effects and too few can give that distinct grinning stress and worries melt away not a care in a world sense of well-being and content that we call euphoria.
It's because everyone is breeding for potency and terps and mostly kush varieties. If you want something that takes the edge off, makes you happy, and still allows you to read a book, I would look for a Sour Diesel hybrid. The Diesel in itself will give you anxiety in high doses, and keep you up all night. So a hybrid with something that is a clear headed body stone is probably what you are looking for. :)

N

Nirrity

hey man), thank you i think sd is not along the lines the effect i am looking for zero anxiety or better say least anxiety no matter what's the dosage is mandatory. i guess urkle or mendo purps are better bet since they are really high on myrcene or perhaps blue magoo or indiana bubblegum either way it's rather hard to find these lines in a seed form besides dynasty attempt to recreate blue magoo and nspecta's recent s1 offerings on urkel and mendo purps.
any way i am assuming that blueberry isn't aprticularly euphoric from what you say

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

hey man), thank you i think sd is not along the lines the effect i am looking for zero anxiety or better say least anxiety no matter what's the dosage is mandatory. i guess urkle or mendo purps are better bet since they are really high on myrcene or perhaps blue magoo or indiana bubblegum either way it's rather hard to find these lines in a seed form besides dynasty attempt to recreate blue magoo and nspecta's recent s1 offerings on urkel and mendo purps.
any way i am assuming that blueberry isn't aprticularly euphoric from what you say

The most euphoric "happy loving life" effect I have ever gotten from cannabis was Fresh Sour D flowers infused into Olive Oil. It was superior to dried flowers with the same recipe. Fresh Terpenes may be the key. Like I said the negative to that plant is anxiety and mild hallucinations involving light and shadows. The urkle will put you to sleep 2 hours after you get down unless you have severe anxiety and are jacked up on stimulants. It's the most drowsy strain I have ever tried and complete polar opposite to the Sour D. You may want to try the Grape Stomper by GG and look for a pheno tailored to your preferences. As for the Blueberry I would recommend not sorting through seedlings and instead finding a clone to test drive. :)

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

INFO UPDATE:

DJ Short claims to be using the same mother and father since 1998....

That being said...

IF only the female was proven to carry that gene, it would either be co-dominant or recessive.
IF it was c0-dominant some of the offspring would feature this flavor.
IF it was recessive then the offspring would be gene carriers not exhibiting the flavor.

Which would mean the hets would have to be bred back to the the mother, or to each other to exhibit this trait.

However....
In my Blueberry Blast project, the Blueberry terp is there, mixed with haze terps.
1.) It is very easy to find with a stem rub.
2.) I believe it is co-dominant.
3.) I have paired polihybrid siblings from the F1 generation who had the same terp profile in veg and nearly all of the offspring have the terp gene to some degree.
4.) Plushberry Blast will prove the terp-gene is co-dom.

Fancy Weed

Fancy Weed

I am new to the forum and wish you all well. I am a breeder in Washington State, USA. I personally have the old sativa leaning Blueberry that put DJ on the map. She is the real deal. Blueberry muffins! Currently am out crossing her to our f-2 Cookies and Cream male. Our goal is to reintroduce his Blueberry in seed form. We plan on at least 3-4 back crossings to stabilize the strain. DJ's old school Blueberry is by far the finest Blue Berry on the planet and we hope to0 leapfrog on those genetics in our Blue Berry line. If you ever had the chance to burn a bowl of well grown Blue Berry you would be sold on the strain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom