Do bottom leaves absorb light to?

• Thread starter StonedOwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedOwl

Do the bottom of leaves absorb light too? Or is it only the top of the leaves that use light?

D

Dr Herbal

All leaves absorb light however if you have a big plant the bottem wont take alot of light as it decreases every sqft, over time you may notice a few older leaves will yellow up as they get taller and the light decreases on the bottom of the plant.
I like to stip the bottom q or 3rd only if my plants are like 18" 2ft tall i just leave them if there shorter than that :)

purpleberry

purpleberry

If you were to only give the plant light from the bottom, Im sure the leaves would twist around and face down. I dont think its worth the watts to give the bottom of the leaves light.

D

Dr Herbal

If your growing small plants then you shouldnt take any leave off(big yes max bottom 3rd)the more leave you take off the less it will be able to photosytherise effectivly and produce less energy thus grow slower and i think have a hard time turning the nukes into food(dont quote me on that last part)
Dr H

T

TheNman

If your growing small plants then you shouldnt take any leave off(big yes max bottom 3rd)the more leave you take off the less it will be able to photosytherise effectivly and produce less energy thus grow slower and i think have a hard time turning the nukes into food(dont quote me on that last part)
Dr H

"have a hard time turning the nukes into food"

lol
Nukes into food.... :D

D

Dr Herbal

Well i was always told in soil that the nukes you give your plant are broken down by bugs in the soil and there shit is what the plants feed off if iam wrong on this then sorry i did clealy say dont quote me on this.

S

StonedOwl

If you were to only give the plant light from the bottom, Im sure the leaves would twist around and face down. I dont think its worth the watts to give the bottom of the leaves light.

Okay, I did have a CFL pointing upward from the bottom, but I moved it around now. Thanks for your input.

And I just wanna say this forum is amazing. Any little question that pops into my head can be answered by great people that know what they are talkin bout.

Simply amazing.

M

mellofello

This grow I trimmed all the leaves off untill quite high up the plant. They got too big and only the tops are getting any light at all, the lover leaves were getting no direct light at all so I took quite alot of them off to allow better air movement

peace

mello

Latest posts

Top Bottom