Do Clones Need Light?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

Do clones need light? I usually just keep my cloner in the corner of the veg room where a nano 1k shines on them but barly, and I noticed my clones took a little longer to root but then that could of been from the water being warm, but yeah should I keep the cloner directly under a light or is it fine where it is??

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
i reduce my light by half over my clones makes them send out roots quicker you dint want them trying to produce leaf .

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

i have two cfl's over my clones. not super close but over them so they can get a little light

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

They can get by on very little light, but they do need < 13 hours of it to keep them from going into flower

vangs

vangs

I run mine 24.7 also. Ok so I'm fine.. I think it's cuz the water temp in the cloner got up to 85-90.. how often do you guys change cloner water?? I normally just fill it with r o water and add clonex solution, and it takes about 2 weeks until all cuttings have good roots.. can anyone give me some advice, should I change the water out at all? And if i do change the water out after a week, do I still put in cloning solution or is that just for the beginning? My rooting success is 60-70% not too good

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

18/6 here with a 4x 4 bulb t8 6400k. 4 yrs going strong.

Changing the h20 in the cloner weekly, and topping off daily helps. I also run 6.0 TAP water. Also, I'm a huge fan of dip n grow clone liquid. Super cheap, can get 1000+ cuttings out of a bottle.

Top Bottom