Do Diy co2 generators work?

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I am using an exhale co2 bag right now in my tent but I have seen a ton of people use the yeast plus sugar and water method in a bottle. Does this actually sustain enough co2 for flowering plants? I am in a 4x4 flower area in my tent and was wondering if doing this would actually help!

THCMonster

THCMonster

Your exhale will last longer, but yes the sugar and yeast does work. How manny ppms you produce will be dependent on how active the yeast are.

If you really want to do a DYI co2 production chamber get you a 2 liter bottle, get a gallon of distilled or purified water, yeast packets, and sugar.

1L of water and a half cup of sugar, wait until the sugar fully dissolves, add the yeast package to the 2L bottle, shake the shit out of it and poke a small hole in the lid of the cap. Let it sit in the room.

Once the bottle seems to not be bubbling or foaming up anymore then sugar is most likely consumed, just pour out 80-90% of the liquid, fill back up with sugar and water and shake then set it in the room.

The yeast will continue to stay alive so theres no need to keep adding more everytime, u just need more sugar and water!

cottageman

cottageman

Your exhale will last longer, but yes the sugar and yeast does work. How manny ppms you produce will be dependent on how active the yeast are.

If you really want to do a DYI co2 production chamber get you a 2 liter bottle, get a gallon of distilled or purified water, yeast packets, and sugar.

1L of water and a half cup of sugar, wait until the sugar fully dissolves, add the yeast package to the 2L bottle, shake the shit out of it and poke a small hole in the lid of the cap. Let it sit in the room.

Once the bottle seems to not be bubbling or foaming up anymore then sugar is most likely consumed, just pour out 80-90% of the liquid, fill back up with sugar and water and shake then set it in the room.

The yeast will continue to stay alive so theres no need to keep adding more everytime, u just need more sugar and water!
Thank you so much! I will do that along with my exhale bag during flower from now on

Nugg

Nugg

I've never run a small tent...I've only heard that unless your tent is sealed and everything else is perfect..co2 is a waist...they say you'll get more co2 by talking to your plants daily then with some gimmick...there's a lot more to it then just adding co2.... seriously I think you'll waist time playing with stupid stuff...but like I said..I've never grown in suck a small spot..

cottageman

cottageman

I've never run a small tent...I've only heard that unless your tent is sealed and everything else is perfect..co2 is a waist...they say you'll get more co2 by talking to your plants daily then with some gimmick...there's a lot more to it then just adding co2.... seriously I think you'll waist time playing with stupid stuff...but like I said..I've never grown in suck a small spot..
If you’ve never run a small tent then why say it won’t work lol. It definitely does, the exhale bags even helps me trap more heat inside. Plenty of people have tested these with co2 meters and they work just fine. Everything else doesn’t have to be perfect at all for co2 to help the plants out

THCMonster

THCMonster

If you’ve never run a small tent then why say it won’t work lol. It definitely does, the exhale bags even helps me trap more heat inside. Plenty of people have tested these with co2 meters and they work just fine. Everything else doesn’t have to be perfect at all for co2 to help the plants out

Yea we have actually tested the CO2 ppm in a sealed 4x4 tent at my hydro store

Exhale (at its max)= 500ppm

The CO2 bottle (a product with yeast and sugar)= 800ppm at max (but only lasted a week, after that it starts to go down pretty quick)

So it definitely works, otherwise they wouldnt have a proven product already made like it!

The downside is most people that run a tent and run co2 cant run a truly sealed tent because they are running exhaust in flower which is when you get the biggest benefit of co2.

So its a catch 22 scenario.

Nugg

Nugg

Yea we have actually tested the CO2 ppm in a sealed 4x4 tent at my hydro store

Exhale (at its max)= 500ppm

The CO2 bottle (a product with yeast and sugar)= 800ppm at max (but only lasted a week, after that it starts to go down pretty quick)

So it definitely works, otherwise they wouldnt have a proven product already made like it!

The downside is most people that run a tent and run co2 cant run a truly sealed tent because they are running exhaust in flower which is when you get the biggest benefit of co2.

So its a catch 22 scenario.
Look....this guy says same thing...they don't work....oh unless you are sealed tent with no plants in it for a week...run out and buy 50.. they work so good.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I have no knowledge if it works or not, but it surely wouldn't hurt would it? I've got a book mark on my PC where a guy says to add 2 pureed tomatoes to the concoction and you only need to drain a bit of water off and add more water and sugar weekly claims it will generate CO2 for weeks. I haven't tried it myself, yet. But like I said it can't hurt.

Found the link:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom