Do hotdogs fall in the sandwich category?

• Thread starter Mikelej14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikelej14

Mikelej14

All hotdogs are sandwiches, but not all sandwiches are hotdogs.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

A hot dog is not a sandwich. You are simply enjoying the dog with the convenience of bread to hold the grain mustard, and sour kraut. The bread in this case contains the meal. A sandwich is a meal based around bread, where a hotdog is a meal based around a hot dog with bread to contain as explained prior.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

A hot dog is not a sandwich. You are simply enjoying the dog with the convenience of bread to hold the grain mustard, and sour kraut. The bread in this case contains the meal. A sandwich is a meal based around bread, where a hotdog is a meal based around a hot dog with bread to contain as explained prior.
If that was true then why is it a turkey sandwich or ham sandwich not bread with turkey or bread with ham? Hotdogs become little meat peninsulas in a sandwich of bread.
My super reliable source of Wikipedia says this:
"A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type."

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

If that was true then why is it a turkey sandwich or ham sandwich not bread with turkey or bread with ham? Hotdogs become little meat peninsulas in a sandwich of bread.
"A sandwich is a food typically consisting of vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein bread serves as a container or wrapper for another food type."
So by this logic, soup bread bowls are also sandwiches, just in disguise. 😊

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

your logic is flawed ! 😋

But explain this, ham and turkey, i.e cold cuts are made with the sandwich consumer in mind, sliced cheese etc. A hot dog has existed longer than the concept of the sandwich. A hot dog can be a meal, bangers and mach, hot dog casserole, etc. Sliced deli meats are not ! Now you're going to tell me that beer isn't a meal either ?

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

So the contents of the space between the bread determine sandwichality?
exactly. Eloquently put sir. A sandwich is a mere extension of the experience of bread, hence why the bread is so important and so much science goes into it, i.e sliced bread. And the fact that you can get every single type of grain and dough possible.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I can't put a lasagne between wonder bread and call it a sandwich. That's called gluttony

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I've been poor and ate hotdogs with regular sliced bread..... Hotdog sandwich.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Im about to blow your mind with a spaghetti garlic bread grilled cheese sandwich then 😆
I'll make an exception for this beautiful creation. My man, where is the so called cheese. When you say cheese, it better be running down the side or it's just a condiment at this point. I do see that beautiful blob in the middle, but we need the side skirts !

Latest posts

Top Bottom