Do Hydroponic Stores Work With Police?

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

I'm a new grower and just recently, I found a local hydroponic store not too far from my area. I decided to call in and pick up a Temp/RH meter and to have a look at the nutrients they had on offer. The guy I spoke to didn't really have a clue when I mentioned the word Cal-Mag and was unsure of some products. The owner was there in the background dealing with another customer but didn't get involved. I asked to have a look at some of the grow tents they had and the guy opened one up and showed me inside. He immediately said once I was looking inside, (I TAKE IT YOUR GROWING GREEN THEN). Being occupied and engrossed with the set up, I nodded my head and said, yeah. He didn't say anything after that. Anyway, I left with two air cooled reflectors and two 1000w ballasts and pre ordered my grow tent which would be there for in store collection in a couple of weeks. He said to call the store and let us know your on your way before hand. My gut tells me not to go back to the store after being asked the question about growing green. Do these stores work with the cops? Or am I being paranoid? Just to let you folks know, I live in the uk where weed isn't excepted by everyone, and any amount of plants grown can get your door kicked in.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It certainly would not be in the best interest of the store to do it but you never know.I do beleive cops surveil these type of stores but in the US there are so many now theres no way to watch them all.I stay away by ordering online and sourcing alot directly from manufacturer or normal/farm garden supply outfits which are tons cheaper anyways.

xavier7995

xavier7995

When I lived in an illegal state I did not go to grow stores for that exact reason. It is just to easy to be a trail of breadcrumbs leading back to your op.

When I moved to a legal state, walked out of the store with a freaking dolly of equipment and one of the employees helping me carry stuff, cop chilling right there outside the exit door....grow store guy just looked straight at my ashen terrified face and said "HAVE FUN GROWING WEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD" in a nice loud voice cracking up.

xavier7995

xavier7995

But to fry those fish...they gotta get some eggs beaten up, then a good flour dredge, oils gotta get hot...way to much work, better to just follow that longhair around, bet hes up to no good.

xavier7995

xavier7995

The cop actually was there watching the liquor store next door as they apparently had lots of problems, per the grow store guy.

Cops don't really care about any drugs, they care about hitting their targets/quotas, and busting a pothead is a hell of a lot easier and safer than chasing meth/heroin/coke people around.

ken dog

ken dog

The community does not issue a call to action for marijuana abuse... And there's a nationwide call to action against opioids.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

by "growing green" I'm sure he meant energy efficient. You're just being paranoid! If you are worried though, take your business elsewhere, growstores invented the term "calmag" so the fact that he's clueless on that one is a strike to begin with lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

With the opioid epidemic running rampant in the United States right now, cops have bigger fish to fry.
You would think right?But not true.Just had a customer in my office today on his way to drop off a 5500 dollar retainer check to my attorney because his kid is chilling in county,busted last week for growing MJ.His count was even legal but he had ONE can of butane used to refill a dab torch and they are hanging a manufacturing charge on the kid,not even a broken law,some kind of BS health and safety code violation.

ken dog

ken dog

Yeah. .. dabs are a bridge too far for some people... visions of Breaking Bad come to people's minds.

Not to mention the extreme danger involved for others.

ken dog

ken dog

All that said, I live in a legal state... And abide by the regulations.

I am looking at it from that point of view.

Growing weed in an illegal state for one's self medication, requires stealth and care.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That's not to say it doesn't still happen. Local Texas people know that all to well. I have seen them staking out across the street before. This was 6 years ago. They mostly just wait for expired tags ect and do the ol any weed in the car routine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom