Do I got a hermie? New grower

• Thread starter DaWizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DaWizzard

DaWizzard

I have 2 plants. Both given to me by a friend who had too many seeds germinate. They are both from bag seeds (same bag). This one has been a light green color the whole time I have had it. The other looks normal. They both grew about the same pace so I thought maybe it was just weird genetics from a bag seeds causing this one to be a lighter shade of green. I am new but I’m thinking this one has gone hermie. Any thoughts on if that is a nanner?

Do i got a hermie new grower
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sativa is as sativa does 🤔
herm traits like that are not uncommon. its a natural feature on a few strains; like sour D, among others; especially if lighting protocol has not been precisely followed during flowering.

I would pick it off, and monitor. correct the stressor, if possible. ensure 12 hours of proper darkness until harvest.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

Sativa is as sativa does 🤔
herm traits like that are not uncommon. its a natural feature on a few strains; like sour D, among others; especially if lighting protocol has not been precisely followed during flowering.

I would pick it off, and monitor. correct the stressor, if possible. ensure 12 hours of proper darkness until harvest.
Thank you! I gave up on trying to figure out if something was stressing the one. Will check for light leaks on the tent and might just get blackout curtains for the room.

I am in week 5 of flower and it looks like I’m not going to get much yield as they have not plumped up much. It’s my first grow so I’m using this as more of a learning experience.

I think I read that seeds from hermie plants are trash. Is that correct?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thank you! I gave up on trying to figure out if something was stressing the one. Will check for light leaks on the tent and might just get blackout curtains for the room.

I am in week 5 of flower and it looks like I’m not going to get much yield as they have not plumped up much. It’s my first grow so I’m using this as more of a learning experience.

Nah, that plant looks fine. pick it off and correct your issues. Next time, try to have the curtain up, if your going to run sativa, and you'll get better swell, and less nanners. Should correct alright, and finish fine if the stressor is removed.

I wouldn't kill it; run it to completion, learn from it.

Herm is generally a term reserved for I don't know what the fuck I'm doing; and want to blame something besides my own inadequacy. Nothing more. It's rare to have real herm seeds. Mass delusion by individuals with subpar growing skills; who don't want to change bad habits. Or grow cultivar appropriate strains for the existing environmental conditions.

Some of the landraces, are bonified herms. But that's another subject. You simply cannot confirm a real herm without a control, and exact environmentals.

Last edited:
DaWizzard

DaWizzard

Nah, that plant looks fine. pick it off and correct your issues. Next time, try to have the curtain up, if your going to run sativa, and you'll get better swell, and less nanners. Should correct alright, and finish fine if the stressor is removed.

Herm is generally a term reserved for I don't know what the fuck I'm doing; and want to blame something besides my own inadequacy. Nothing more. It's rare to have real herm seeds. Mass delusion by individuals with subpar growing skills; who don't want to change bad habits. Or grow cultivar appropriate strains for the existing environmental conditions.

Some of the landraces, are bonified herms. But that's another subject. You simply cannot confirm a real herm without a control, and exact environmentals.
I’m going to finish it. Don’t think I’m going to get much yield but I’ve kept track of my mistakes and the experience is what I was after. These girls look pathetic though lol. They were given to me by a friend who had no idea what he was doing. Here is a pic of the poor girls lol
A722F651 D394 444F 9A90 BDB9F16105A3

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I’m going to finish it. Don’t think I’m going to get much yield but I’ve kept track of my mistakes and the experience is what I was after. These girls look pathetic though lol. They were given to me by a friend who had no idea what he was doing. Here is a pic of the poor girls lol
View attachment 1191618
They are cute 😂 lol what size pots are they?

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

People that breed might want them. They think they can breed the wild out of it. I just grew a hybrid that was half Thai landrace strain. I've grown feminized seeds that threw hermies, it's common with them. Often you can just pick the occasional balls off. But when I'm seeing bananas like what I see in the picture it means that buds can be pollinated from the inside out. You'll eliminate the ones you can see. And after harvest find bud after bud with seeds inside. I'll never grow anything with Thai genetics again because my room got heavily seeded. Four of them were Thai heritage. And every one of those has a high percentage of seed weight to every bud. Don't get me wrong, the weed is so potent it can launch you into space. A spacey high is the best description. And it was saturated with trichomes. But who wants a third of their weight to be seeds and stems? That's why many growers kill these things when they appear. I've gotten away with it in the past with various strains. With only a few seeds showing up. But this last time was ridiculous. They really freaked the F out. It was an eye-opener about being careful about what strains I choose. And I'm definitely going the clone route from now on. I'm not cutting until I know for sure it's not a freak. That is the BEST method to get rid of hermies. Prevent them from ever appearing by using clones. I haven't found one seed from a Blue Cheese harvest done from one mother.

DaWizzard

DaWizzard

People that breed might want them. They think they can breed the wild out of it. I just grew a hybrid that was half Thai landrace strain. I've grown feminized seeds that threw hermies, it's common with them. Often you can just pick the occasional balls off. But when I'm seeing bananas like what I see in the picture it means that buds can be pollinated from the inside out. You'll eliminate the ones you can see. And after harvest find bud after bud with seeds inside. I'll never grow anything with Thai genetics again because my room got heavily seeded. Four of them were Thai heritage. And every one of those has a high percentage of seed weight to every bud. Don't get me wrong, the weed is so potent it can launch you into space. A spacey high is the best description. And it was saturated with trichomes. But who wants a third of their weight to be seeds and stems? That's why many growers kill these things when they appear. I've gotten away with it in the past with various strains. With only a few seeds showing up. But this last time was ridiculous. They really freaked the F out. It was an eye-opener about being careful about what strains I choose. And I'm definitely going the clone route from now on. I'm not cutting until I know for sure it's not a freak. That is the BEST method to get rid of hermies. Prevent them from ever appearing by using clones. I haven't found one seed from a Blue Cheese harvest done from one mother.
I will be using clones when I get around to ordering some good seeds. I was just gonna do my first few runs on bag seeds to get some experience. I need to look into where a good place to order seeds is.

MagicNative1

MagicNative1

🤣🤣🤣 Well nobody said it's not a term used to show, ""Yep that one got Fkd"" but as you've stated again it is a mess up .. it your in an area where your still buyin buds from Tom, De'Vaunte, and Jose around the corner and they've been on their own grow your own business where others just happened to trade money for a baggy that had green stuff magically appear in it at a later point..... Then it can be a trait bread into their selection due to them worrying about $ and not quality.. herm self pollinating itself and others around again and again creates a problem eventually... Fems are created by pollenation of a fem by a fem.. and by technique you can cause a stress to creat a fem that self pollinates to do this... But that at least to me although it sounds similar because of stresses is also the difference..
One your creating that stress for that purpose
Hermie's usually end up going bad because an over abundance of the percentage of their life not being in that range of it's needs to often...
The difference is your one your intentionally switching may have perfection it's entire life and by using chemical reaction you can create that flip...
But again yeah for the most part I do agree 💯% on the Hermie being another version of the ""FIM"" term 🤣

Top Bottom