Do I have a deficiency?

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

My autoflowers are just over a month old. They are in 3 gallon grow bags. Purple Cow soy oil. I noticed these yellow spots on the leaves in this one leaves look like it almost was tearing itself. Now this morning the leaves are wilted on the bottom or just look like they're dying. Do I need to add some cal-mag? I give them vegetable supercharger and they've also had a small dose of tiger bloom. I might look into something called biobizz biobloom. I'm thinking maybe they need nutrients. I showed the one particular middle finger a day or two ago and today. I showed the progression of that other weird patch in the middle of that one middle finger on the other plant next to it. Before this weird patch I also noticed the same white bumps that I've posted in other threads. I'm going to post pictures of both you'll see the yellowish Brown and the wilting leaves obviously different from this weird patch that's slightly lighter I'm the one lyrics please busy child as you can with any information that you might have I don't know what exactly is going on and how I should handle it. Also is it better to take distilled water and add a little bit of well water to it to bring it up to 6 or use well water and use apple cider vinegar to bring it down to six. I have well water available to me from just outside the city.

Do i have a deficiency
Do i have a deficiency 2
Do i have a deficiency 3
Do i have a deficiency 4
Do i have a deficiency 5
Do i have a deficiency 6
Do i have a deficiency 7
Do i have a deficiency 8
Do i have a deficiency 9
Do i have a deficiency 10
Do i have a deficiency 11
Do i have a deficiency 12
Moshmen

Moshmen

My autoflowers are just over a month old. They are in 3 gallon grow bags. Purple Cow soy oil. I noticed these yellow spots on the leaves in this one leaves look like it almost was tearing itself. Now this morning the leaves are wilted on the bottom or just look like they're dying. Do I need to add some cal-mag? I give them vegetable supercharger and they've also had a small dose of tiger bloom. I might look into something called biobizz biobloom. I'm thinking maybe they need nutrients. I showed the one particular middle finger a day or two ago and today. I showed the progression of that other weird patch in the middle of that one middle finger on the other plant next to it. Before this weird patch I also noticed the same white bumps that I've posted in other threads. I'm going to post pictures of both you'll see the yellowish Brown and the wilting leaves obviously different from this weird patch that's slightly lighter I'm the one lyrics please busy child as you can with any information that you might have I don't know what exactly is going on and how I should handle it. Also is it better to take distilled water and add a little bit of well water to it to bring it up to 6 or use well water and use apple cider vinegar to bring it down to six. I have well water available to me from just outside the city.
Scope for pests first ? Something looks like it’s eating the leaves ?
I use a 50/50 mix of water not for ph but for ppm content - can you get a water report ?

T

TheCatman

No water report that I know of. I just get the well water from my parents house. I checked the pH of that which is like a high seven or 8. Then I checked the pH of the distilled or purified drinking water whichever I have at the time for a low one. I heard while water was better. I don't know I have apple cider vinegar. I could purchase an up-down kit. I'm just not sure what his best. The top of that plant doesn't look too happy either. That has me worried. At the furthest from the light I would think he should be doing better the leaves are just droopy but the plan hasn't had any shock other than it's eating itself at the bottom. The two other there I included there Center and side shot of the top. You can tell still reaching one more obviously than the other. This one eating itself is further away from the light yeah at the top it seems all the new leaves want to turn themselves around like the light is too close or too powerful. It's sitting on the floor so I can't move it further away. I can move the light further but then that requires me to figure out how to raise the other ones

Moshmen

Moshmen

Do you have a ppm meter? Not familiar with that soil but my guess is there’s no need to worry about the ph also the cider doesn’t really last very long if you need to ph I would get the up and down.the twisting prolly is nute related what are you using and how often

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Vinegar/Lemon juice really are not the best choice to use as a pH down. Why? There is a high potential to attract pests, both insects and microbial. For example, I've used apple cider vinegar as the bait in a mason jar fruit fly trap many of times. It's cheap and effective in catching flies. I would be afraid it would also attract pests to my plants.

As for testing your water. It's a good idea. A place like Culligan's will likely run a water quality test for free. I think you'll find that information useful. If you have hard water, there are nutes specifically formulated to use with hard water sources. An at the tap pH of 8.0 isn't crazy high. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. It would only take a few drops of pH down to bring it under 7 so that bottle of pH down shouldn't be expensive and should last a long time. Mineral content of your well water could potentially be more of an issue than the pH as cannabis is kind of picky. It wants its nutes in certain ratios. Too much of one can interfere in the uptake of another.

T

TheCatman

Is that suppose yo be a water only super soil?
Supposedly but after the soil came out they added a couple nutrients to the line. I don't think there would have been a way to formulate the nutrients into the soil the same and I think it would have taken them a long time to test it as well. This soil I'm using was tested for a very long time in lots of different conditions. Purple Cow indicanjo soil. After their soil hit the market they added a vegetable supercharger and something called CX one. As long as you have a big enough size pot or whatever they're supposed to be good nutrients in the soil itself. I know a guy that helped design it and formulate it. I don't know if they are more local but they are available on Amazon. They also have a seed starter which might have helped for my autoflowers but they did grow so at least I made it. I might add a nutrient my local shop told me about called bio biz Bloom which is organic. Unless somebody has a really good recommendation for a nutrient I can use in the flowering stage to help get more resinous more potent tastier buds. I prefer to go the organic route. I'm familiar with tiger bloom but I've been told that salt based adds a certain taste change. I planted in 3 gallon bags and did not fill to the top which was stupid I left a couple inches. I was thinking back when I grew photoperiods and wanted part of the bag to tie stuff down to. I've got their vegetables supercharger and I have used a couple Taste of tiger bloom. Anyone out there with good nutrient recommendations please let me know. I'm also probably going to purchase this fungicide my local Shop sells that is supposed to help with pests as well.

T

TheCatman

Vinegar/Lemon juice really are not the best choice to use as a pH down. Why? There is a high potential to attract pests, both insects and microbial. For example, I've used apple cider vinegar as the bait in a mason jar fruit fly trap many of times. It's cheap and effective in catching flies. I would be afraid it would also attract pests to my plants.

As for testing your water. It's a good idea. A place like Culligan's will likely run a water quality test for free. I think you'll find that information useful. If you have hard water, there are nutes specifically formulated to use with hard water sources. An at the tap pH of 8.0 isn't crazy high. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. It would only take a few drops of pH down to bring it under 7 so that bottle of pH down shouldn't be expensive and should last a long time. Mineral content of your well water could potentially be more of an issue than the pH as cannabis is kind of picky. It wants its nutes in certain ratios. Too much of one can interfere in the uptake of another.
Yeah I wasn't too happy about the vinegar myself to be honest I had a bad feeling about it. That's why I've been trying to mix distilled or drinking water with well water to get to 6. Maybe adding a milliliter of cider if I absolutely have to. This grow I don't think is going the best. I was going to definitely invest more in the next one. It has been highly recommended to me by several younger Growers so I would call them novice even though they have grown a lot as well as older Growers 1 the designer of the soil at used recommence me to be at a 6 pH. I know when my friend grew his blue dream he wasn't checking the pH like that I don't think worried so much about it and probably watered high pH whatever his well was could have been high seven up the eight. The only thing I know he added I think was tiger bloom which can lower the ph so that probably help. I don't know if you had anything else from the foxfarm line. He might have had the two other bottles. foxfarm was the last run. Missed time I was going with something local where I actually got to meet somebody who helped with it and learn about their background and credentials. I met him in my local grocery store. The staff advocated for this purple cow as well and several members use it themselves. The only other thing recommended to me was a coco peat moss mix by another person. Otherwise I got another Fox Farm friend as well. I just want to know what I need to do to produce the best medicine I can. That strong sticky smelly stuff that leaves a taste that lingers in your mouth. So is mineral content a bad thing? Is using the purest water best?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Biobizz biobloom is a rich bloom fertilizer high in phosphor which is given together with their biogrow (high in potassium) and these 2 carry through flower. They are rather acidic and require a moderate Ca source in the soil/tap to counterbalance

T

TheCatman

Biobizz biobloom is a rich bloom fertilizer high in phosphor which is given together with their biogrow (high in potassium) and these 2 carry through flower. They are rather acidic and require a moderate Ca source in the soil/tap to counterbalance
I don't know what that means. I don't know a lot about any of this. I know pH is something I test for in water beyond anything else what the different acids are nutrients that are I have no idea. I do know that I had these tiny white bumps appear on this week plant I had in one spot people tried to write them off as trichomes. Another plant that got close to and touched with it developed white bumps on a middle finger leaf and only that spot. Now my healthiest one that was next to it I noticed the white bumps on a spot on those leaves. One of the leaves actually looks like it has been eaten

802growz

802growz

As for water I’d just use spring unless you have a filter , well water can be iffy cause unless it’s tested you never know . Also have you splashed water on leaves , is the growth stunted . And please buy a stable ph up and down every company makes them they are pretty cheap . For me I ph in soil 6.2-6.8 hopefully landing in the middle of the range .

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah I wasn't too happy about the vinegar myself to be honest I had a bad feeling about it. That's why I've been trying to mix distilled or drinking water with well water to get to 6. Maybe adding a milliliter of cider if I absolutely have to. This grow I don't think is going the best. I was going to definitely invest more in the next one. It has been highly recommended to me by several younger Growers so I would call them novice even though they have grown a lot as well as older Growers 1 the designer of the soil at used recommence me to be at a 6 pH. I know when my friend grew his blue dream he wasn't checking the pH like that I don't think worried so much about it and probably watered high pH whatever his well was could have been high seven up the eight. The only thing I know he added I think was tiger bloom which can lower the ph so that probably help. I don't know if you had anything else from the foxfarm line. He might have had the two other bottles. foxfarm was the last run. Missed time I was going with something local where I actually got to meet somebody who helped with it and learn about their background and credentials. I met him in my local grocery store. The staff advocated for this purple cow as well and several members use it themselves. The only other thing recommended to me was a coco peat moss mix by another person. Otherwise I got another Fox Farm friend as well. I just want to know what I need to do to produce the best medicine I can. That strong sticky smelly stuff that leaves a taste that lingers in your mouth. So is mineral content a bad thing? Is using the purest water best?
I've used Fox Farm, but prefer Roots Organic Terp Tea line-up. It's a dry fertilizer that can be used either as a top dressing or brewed as a tea. I've used it for about a year now with outstanding results. If you're looking for something different, I think you'd be pleased.

As for water I’d just use spring unless you have a filter , well water can be iffy cause unless it’s tested you never know . Also have you splashed water on leaves , is the growth stunted . And please buy a stable ph up and down every company makes them they are pretty cheap . For me I ph in soil 6.2-6.8 hopefully landing in the middle of the range .
Soil pH is what matters most, and the range stated above is exactly what you want. If it's at 6.5 its perfect. The soil pH is what buffers the water/nute mix providing that you're starting with good quality water in the first place. Since your water source is well water, there's no chlorine. I would consider a simple carbon filter designed to reduce ppm. Some are made to thread onto a garden hose. They're inexpensive and would save you from purchasing spring/distilled water from the store. I have a municipal water supply so my filter system is 2 stage ... first stage removes chloramine. The second stage reduces ppm. After filtering, my ppm is less than 100.

T

TheCatman

I just use the well water as an up. So if I'm mixing about a third of a gallon I put in maybe half a cup with some distilled water or some purified drinking water. Not
I mainly use the distilled or purified drinking water with just a splash of the well water to bring the ph up. Wasn't sure what brand to go with. I have a crazy tight budget right now. What does the PPM matter? Now the growth is not stunted of this plant at all which is odd because the bugs hardly want to form when I have a shorter one that is just a little beanpole and it's got some small little baby strawberry sized bugs on it so far
Mainly use the purified drinking water/ distilled water with a splash of well water just to raise the pH. I wasn't sure what brand to buy for up and down. What is the parts per million matter. I know my veggie Super Booster

T

TheCatman

I've used Fox Farm, but prefer Roots Organic Terp Tea line-up. It's a dry fertilizer that can be used either as a top dressing or brewed as a tea. I've used it for about a year now with outstanding results. If you're looking for something different, I think you'd be pleased.

Soil pH is what matters most, and the range stated above is exactly what you want. If it's at 6.5 its perfect. The soil pH is what buffers the water/nute mix providing that you're starting with good quality water in the first place. Since your water source is well water, there's no chlorine. I would consider a simple carbon filter designed to reduce ppm. Some are made to thread onto a garden hose. They're inexpensive and would save you from purchasing spring/distilled water from the store. I have a municipal water supply so my filter system is 2 stage ... first stage removes chloramine. The second stage reduces ppm. After filtering, my ppm is less than 100.
So does this organic Turf T work as food? Would I be able to then use it with my vegetable supercharger from Purple Cow? I don't know a lot about that I know it's designed to help plants in take nutrients faster and more efficiently

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
So does this organic Turf T work as food? Would I be able to then use it with my vegetable supercharger from Purple Cow? I don't know a lot about that I know it's designed to help plants in take nutrients faster and more efficiently
if you post its ingredients it'd be easier to answer that.
I tried to look up the ingredients of ur soil or scoop up a guaranteed analysis but found nothing...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Roots Organic Terp Teas is plant food. It's a complete nutrient line using organic ingredients and is specifically formulated for cannabis.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use apple cider vinegar with the mother in it to lower my ph in well water and have no issues. It keeps the ph stable in the water for days
I believe you might want to re-think your position on this. Apple Cider vinegar is not recommended as it's been proven to do the OPPOSITE of what you're claiming. It attracts pests, it kills beneficial microbes, and its not stable in water. Just because you use it doesn't mean others should. There's too many studies out there that completely contradict your response.

T

TheCatman

Roots Organic Terp Teas is plant food. It's a complete nutrient line using organic ingredients and is specifically formulated for cannabis.
This guy really just doesn't look happy. But look at his body completely different same strain it grew different different colored leaves and it seems a lot stronger. It was in the same environment why does the first plant looks so sad? You think I need to get some nutrients then? These are in their second week of flower and probably what do I need exactly from that line could I get away with just buying one product to help feed them? Look how healthy number two is today. I'm expecting some large strawberry size buds out of those sites I'm guessing. That has some nice sugarleaf starting. Even from the tiniest beginning this plant the buds showed way more strength and how. Pistons longer and thicker. I hope I can figure out the issue with the other plant. Could it be too much light? The way the top looks it seemed like it was getting too close. Yet others are closer. 7 days a week flowering cycle for this Auto. Even on the healthy one I'm probably not going to get a whole lot will I? The healthy ones only 18 in tall. The unhealthy one is a good 6 inch taller at least. With a seven day week flowering. I'm really not going to get that much out of it am I? It's obvious though that there seems to be two completely different buds growing.

T

TheCatman

If I can only afford one what would you recommend for this stage I'm in right now? Also do you think Cal Mag would help at all? The first couple are from the plant that seems sad with droopy leaves. The rest of the ones with that weird patch in the middle and the leaves looking torn are another plant that also has yellowing leaves at the bottom. It seems all my bottom leaves are having issues. Could that be from pests or it's just nutrients

Top Bottom