Do I need a bigger and stronger LED 1×1 tent?

• Thread starter Zenpaii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zenpaii

Zenpaii

Hi guys just need a bit of help I've currently started my first grow in Coco coir and have four plants under veg right now two auto blueberrys 1 auto northern lights and 1 auto Taison I am currently germinating a white widow also as I believed the taison may not come through but boy was I wrong!

My tent is 1×1 and 2 meters high

I have a LED light around 22cm by 30 cm long my question is considering I want to put the white widow plant inside the tent when it pops but should I get a bigger led light at 1000 w to cover a larger area for all of the plants as I had a issue with on blue Berry stretching at one point maybe because of how I potted it? Everything else is fine

The LED light is a lunar led 600w which came as a kit

Do i need a bigger and stronger led 11 tent
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That's not a genuine 600w light I don't think so, personally I would try and get at least genuine 450watts for a 1x1m
I think SpiderFarmer the forum sponsors still have that great sale on if you are in a position to buy, there is also a thread on here where you can win one of their SF5000 lights 😎

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

That's not a genuine 600w light I don't think so, personally I would try and get at least genuine 450watts for a 1x1m
I think SpiderFarmer the forum sponsors still have that great sale on if you are in a position to buy, there is also a thread on here where you can win one of their SF5000 lights 😎
Thank you for the reply I had a feeling this was the case as a lot of people mentioned not to buy off Amazon!

I will be heading to a hydroponic store on Saturday I'm currently looking at the Mars hydro ts600w I could even get a 1000w but that might be to high do you think that would be a good alternative?

That spider farmer light does look pretty awesome also might have a look in store for this also

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
A TS600 is probably about the same as you have, if going for a Mars Hydro in a 1x1m tent then I would look at th FCE3000 ideally the FCE4800 (There's is an FCE and FC version of both but the FCE is a little cheaper) look out for sales and sign up for the newsletter for discounts emailed to you.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

A TS600 is probably about the same as you have, if going for a Mars Hydro in a 1x1m tent then I would look at th FCE3000 ideally the FCE4800 (There's is an FCE and FC version of both but the FCE is a little cheaper) look out for sales and sign up for the newsletter for discounts emailed to you.
Thanks a lot for the info when I head to the store I'll have a look around I'm from the UK so it's hard to find certain types of LED and boy can they get pricey! I will keep in mind what you have advised and will give you an update if you like on Saturday of my decision :)

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I tend to agree with that assessment also. You can get a plug in that tells you exactly what the power draw is on a unit.

Plugs into the wall or socket, then you plug whatever into it and it tells you the watts, the amps, the voltage, everything....

My guess is that units under 300 watts total, maybe even half that amount. ie. around 75-150 watts. It's difficult to tell but should be printed somewhere on the unit in small print. If it states the ampers, you can figure what the draw. the equation V = P / I. Where P is the power in Watts, I is the current in Amps and V is the voltage in Volts.

Also, can be figured out by knowing the diode power, and number of diodes.... Units like that are often drawing between 1-1.5w per diode on average.

As suggested above, spider farmer really does have some affordable units that yield excellent results. I would check them, if it's within your ability to do so. My suggestion would be one of the SE series lamps. They are going to yield the best overall perfromance, a SE 5000, or even a SE 3000 should do pretty good within your specified space. However, bigger is always better IMO. These newer light setups do have intensity dials, so you can turn stuff down, but it only goes up so far.

The SE 3000 is rated for slightly under 1 meter, and the SE 5000 is slightly over one meter sq. I'm running 350 watts in a 2x4 tent, and it does a pretty good job.

Last edited:
Zenpaii

Zenpaii

I tend to agree with that assessment also. You can get a plug in that tells you exactly what the power draw is on a unit.

Plugs into the wall or socket, then you plug whatever into it and it tells you the watts, the amps, the voltage, everything....

My guess is that units under 300 watts total, maybe even half that amount. ie. around 75-150 watts. It's difficult to tell but should be printed somewhere on the unit in small print. If it states the ampers, you can figure what the draw. the equation V = P / I. Where P is the power in Watts, I is the current in Amps and V is the voltage in Volts.

Also, can be figured out by knowing the diode power, and number of diodes.... Units like that are often drawing between 1-1.5w per diode on average.

As suggested above, spider farmer really does have some affordable units that yield excellent results. I would check them, if it's within your ability to do so. My suggestion would be one of the SE series lamps. They are going to yield the best overall perfromance, a SE 5000, or even a SE 3000 should do pretty good within your specified space. However, bigger is always better IMO. These newer light setups do have intensity dials, so you can turn stuff down, but it only goes up so far.

The SE 3000 is rated for slightly under 1 meter, and the SE 5000 is slightly over one meter sq. I'm running 350 watts in a 2x4 tent, and it does a pretty good job.
Hi guys ,

Honestly thank you so much for the help as I have no clue I found the manual with specs which I will attach now.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Nice light your plants are gonna thank you for it. It’s one of the biggest investments when it comes to your grow. That design is dope too I bet the light blasting out is wayyyy more than your blurple light.

Top Bottom