• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Do i need a fan for this setup

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

so i just purchased a second tent only for starting seedlings under the blurple spare light i have. they will only go in here for around first 2-3 weeks.

would i need to put a fan in there ? the tent is only 60x60.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

or would i need a exhaust fan ? its only going to be for first 2-3weeks ?

Madmax

Madmax

Yes just a small 4' exhaust fan with a fan speed controller should b sufficient and a couple cheap usb fans like 6 watts is all you need..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yes just a small 4' exhaust fan with a fan speed controller should b sufficient and a couple cheap usb fans like 6 watts is all you need..
Would just leaving the top zipper somewhat open to let any hot stale air out be enough ? didnt really want to have to fit a exhaust fan in there if i didnt really have to ?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I wouldn't worry much about a fan/filter, if you're just using it for seedlings. I'd just use an oscillating fan to provide air movement. But that's just me, others may disagree.✌
Yeah that’s what I was originally thinking, could just have the top zipper open a bit

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I wouldn't worry much about a fan/filter, if you're just using it for seedlings. I'd just use an oscillating fan to provide air movement. But that's just me, others may disagree.✌
Agree with CROSSFADER. Since it's such a small space, condensation shouldn't be an issue. A small oscillating fan should suffice. You'll want it warmer in there anyways since they're little seedlings.

Madmax

Madmax

I have a 6 exhaust fan with controller in my 1.5 x90 cm veg room .the exhaust controls the temp as they get bigger bringing in fresh air,co2 etc.i also have a inkbird and humidifier getting the humidity around 65%.how will you control the humidity with zipper open...

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I have a 6 exhaust fan with controller in my 1.5 x90 cm veg room .the exhaust controls the temp as they get bigger bringing in fresh air,co2 etc.i also have a inkbird and humidifier getting the humidity around 65%.how will you control the humidity with zipper open...
I don’t think humidity is a problem when they are seedlings. In my 4x4 I run a small dehumidifier

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

I’m all for peoples opinions mate , just never thought it was really necessary for seedlings
I've grown seedlings in an open room with them being in a tray under a plastic dome with 2 foot T5 bulbs over them and they were absolutely fine.
I've grown seedlings in my veg tent alongside the rest of the plants and I put them on a small table, again on a tray with a dome over them and they were perfectly okay. I spray the inside of the dome twice a day with water and let them roll.
At the seedling stage humidity is very easy to manage, lots of it in a small space and you're most likely good to go. So I would think no, you don't need an exhaust fan, yes you can have the door open a bit. Keep an oscillating fan going in the tent just so that when the light is on, it doesn't create any condensation on the walls of the tent. But it won't matter anyways since you'll have them in the dome in their own little ecoworld.
Just my opinion based off of experience. Take it for what it's worth.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Small oscillating fan for sure. Also, because those seedlings will want a little air on them to start thickening up their stems once they are big enough to handle that.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

This is a good place for small fans..
The power cord.
Best part really cheap shipping..
how do you mount this one ? im guessing fit some ducting to it and just pass the ducting out through the top hole in the tent ?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Stick a small cheap clip fan maybe 15$ in the top vent facing out to pull fresh air in your bottom vents for air exchange. Should be sufficient for small tent in veg. Assuming it has a top vent (I can’t tell in pic) wrap a bungee cord around the top two bars and clip the fan to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom