Do i need cal mag?

• Thread starter Hippiechicken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

So i think im locked out and have a magnesium deficiency?? I flushed for 3 days and then i started nutrients 2 days ago. My plants still dont seem happy. Should i keep giving nutrients and add cal mag or flush again?

Do i need cal mag
Do i need cal mag 2
Do i need cal mag 3
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

What is your medium? What nutrients are you using? How much nutrient did you feed the plants? What was pH and PPM? How often are you watering/feeding the plants? What does your temperature and humidity look like? Is the yellowing starting at the top or bottom of your plant? Without knowing any of that there is no way to truly give you an accurate answer to your question?

I will make a guess based upon what I can see in the pictures, but those pictures are not very good. We need to see what the whole plant looks like, otherwise we are just seeing yellow leaves. It does look like its the newest growth that is showing deficiencies and that is usually a sign your plants are in need of calcium. If new growth is coming in yellow while the old growth is still green then it is a calcium issue. If your old growth is fading but the new growth is still coming in green then it is a nitrogen deficiency. I would not assume you have a magnesium issue, as that usually presents itself with rust colored spots developing on the leaves. But without more information this is about all the help I can offer.

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

My ph is right around 6 ppm was about 300 and im using this for my medium. This might be a better pic

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Im waiting for my soil tester still. Is there any other way to check
Slurry test with your soil, or pH your run-off. If your soil pH is off, your plant health will suffer because it can't get the nutrients it requires. It will tell you if your issues are due to lock-out or lack of nutrients.

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

They look hangry. I don't think that pro mix hp has anything in it food wise.

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

I use skunk works, regen a root and yesterday i added cal mag. This os what they look like today

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

I waited almost 3 days between flush and feed. They felt dry down about an inch before i fed them.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

30% humidity is a problem......

Your over watering or not allowing the medium to dry out enough.......this makes your plant roots need oxygen which could explain the droopy leaves.

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

i kept feeling like i was over watering but i wasnt getting any run off. What should my humidity be? I thought between 30-35 was good

420charlie

420charlie

i kept feeling like i was over watering but i wasnt getting any run off. What should my humidity be? I thought between 30-35 was good
Overwatering isn’t always as simple as too much water at watering time. The plant needs to dry out before watering again. The pot should be almost void of water before adding anymore.

420charlie

420charlie

I thought I had nutrient deficiencies.. I added cal-mag, nothing. I upped my doses, nothing. The only thing that saved this plant was transplanting today dry soil (it was soaked) and letting it dry out for almost a whole week
707897A1 0104 47D3 9131 482ADB749672
D860D5DC EEF0 4D16 9366 5AA7A0661D40
242A6589 99FB 4BB1 AB39 FD093532DCA2
03FD0EC4 2E6E 49B9 84F3 8342B4323225

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

thank you. Its really hard to tell if its completely dry. Ive tried the lift method, but i think i still fed to early

420charlie

420charlie

My stems are purple. Looks like yours are green
In that first picture they’re green but between the first pic and last pic (almost 30 days between them) they did have some purple stems here and there.
lift method is good if you know what your baseline is.
what really helped me, was when I thought my plant really needed water, pot was light, it was dry to second knuckle etc, I waited another day.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

In veg your humidity should be about 65%, 35% is too low for any stage of the plants life. The lowest I am happy with is 45%, and that would be at the peak of bloom.

Are you checking the pH of your nutrients before you are applying them to the medium. ProMix is not truly soil, it is peat moss and perlite, there is no nutritional content in that medium; soil contains minerals and organic matter that will feed the plant. Therefore your plants will only survive on the food you are applying. If that solution is not pH balanced correctly your plants will not be able to take up the food you are applying. For ProMix I usually recommend people apply nutrients at pH 6.2-6.5, but I am not a ProMix expert and there may be someone on here who could provide a bit more specific info about pH in ProMix.

If you can't tell when the pots are dry then they are not dry. There will be a very distinct difference in a wet medium and a dry medium and you will 100% feel it. An hour after watering lift your pot, give it a lift every day until you can lift the pot with no effort, this is when you should be watering. Right now that could be 5 days, possibly longer, if your plants roots need to recover from being over-watered. But let the medium dry out completely; it is only too dry if it is pulling away from the sides of your pot.

As for the Skunkwerks, I had never even heard of it until you mentioned it. I do not know the quality of the product and what its guaranteed analysis looks like and what micro-nutrients it may contain or be missing. Also I don't like how low the ratio of phosphorus is in that bottle, it definitely feels like its not really going to be a great product to get you through the whole process. Regen-a-root is a good product but it is very low in actual nutrient content. It is a nutrient aimed at giving your roots a boost, but not so much the parts of the plant above the soil. So it is highly likely you are not providing your plant with all the nutrients it needs. I might suggest the Flora Nova line from General Hydroponics. It is a high quality, organic based nutrient line (there is a grow bottle and a bloom bottle) with just about everything a plant really needs to thrive.

As for your purple stems, it is usually an indicator of stress on the plant. It can however also be a genetic trait. But don't focus too much on the purple stems.

Hippiechicken

Hippiechicken

Thank you for the information. I always check my ph before feeding and i run right around 6 on the ph. This is my first true grow, and everything im using is new to me. I waited almost 3 days to water and i only did cause the plant itself looked like it was starving for nutes. My humidity was higher but i started using a dehumidifier cause it seemed to high but its off now. I was worried i was gonna kill them when i was letting them dry up cause they looked awful so i got worried and fed them. I feel like i need to let them dry up but im worried about killing them

Top Bottom