Do I need to reinforce this break?

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Do i need to reinforce this break

This photo makes it look slightly worse than it is, but you guys get the idea. There is a decent amount of fiber left connecting the branch to the main stalk.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I would, as the limbs/ buds get bigger it will increase the likely hood of it snapping. Put a couple wraps of duct tape on it and it should be fine.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I thought so, thanks. Used blue painting tape. Gotta be a little gentler I guess!
I've even used electrical tape and it worked, but everything I've read says to use duct tape. Trust me, you're not the first to do that and you won't be the last either. I scrog and snap way to many for my liking.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I've even used electrical tape and it worked, but everything I've read says to use duct tape. Trust me, you're not the first to do that and you won't be the last either. I scrog and snap way to many for my liking.
Well the blue tape broke, so I redid the wrap with duct tape. :)

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

When i get a break like that i tape it, and fill with non toxic glue. The kind kids can eat lol.

Sing

Sing

The bond it can make by growing back together is better than any glue. Taping it would be the best or just leave it and she will adapt. Glue will just get in the way of healing in my opinion. If it's past the point of healing together (which it didnt look like it is in the pic) then I'd just leave it be, but for now I'd tape her up.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I use budding tape I use in the garden graphing fruit trees it’s porous I even use it to tie branches down quiet versatile .

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

The bond it can make by growing back together is better than any glue. Taping it would be the best or just leave it and she will adapt. Glue will just get in the way of healing in my opinion. If it's past the point of healing together (which it didnt look like it is in the pic) then I'd just leave it be, but for now I'd tape her up.
Ok maybe i should elaborate. I agree healing it is the best. But those breaks never fully heal. When i split a main. I tape it or tie it back together. Let it heal a couple days. If after those couple days there is an exposed opening i backfill with glue. Its not for strength, it's to keep air and moisture out, which prevents mold, fungus, and pests from entering the split.

Top Bottom