Do I need to start bloom nutrients yet?

• Thread starter mashy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mashy

mashy

Here is one of my outdoor Gelato OG girls and I am after some advice as to whether I should start bloom nutrients yet. First grow so any help would be appreciated 👍

Do i need to start bloom nutrients yet
Do i need to start bloom nutrients yet 2

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can start the transition.

Are you in the southern hemisphere? In native soil or pots? Will temps drop below freezing where you live?

mashy

mashy

You can start the transition.

Are you in the southern hemisphere? In native soil or pots? Will temps drop below freezing where you live?

Thanks for the reply. They are in pots, mainly soil with some perlite. I live in the southern hemisphere and do not get any frosts until June so heaps of summer left. Days are currently 14 hours sunrise to sunset.

In transitioning, how long do you suggest to taper off the nitrogen? Over a week or two?

IMG 20210128 214137
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you won't see frost until June, you have plenty of leeway. If you want more veg growth, you can keep the veg nutes for a while until you're at the size you want.

But a two week transition is good. Plants like N the first couple of weeks of flower, it seems.

I've seen some flower nutes have little or no N in them. I would definitely do a transition if that's the case. Otherwise, you can just switch. If you see yellow leaves at the bottom, you can add some veg nutes to the mix next time.

mashy

mashy

Great, thanks heaps for the tips. Will start transition and keep up some nitrogen for a couple of weeks. My bloom nutes don't have much N.

Top Bottom