Do I need to top dress or add nutes to complete grow?

• Thread starter MercDod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MercDod

MercDod

This is my first grow with soil. I have my plant in a 20 gallon pot with 40% Ocean Forest and 60% Strawberry Fields then added an additional 2 gallons of perlite to this mix. The plant appears to be doing okay and I am into the third week of flower. Will this mix take me through to harvest or do I need to add anything like top dressing, or feed the soil or anything? If I do what is the easiest
Do i need to top dress or add nutes to complete grow
thing?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Big pots small plants and they look fine for nutrients right now… if the plants were bigger and pots smaller then you would probably need but to me it looks like your going to make the entire run on whats there now.

Imo stay the course

MercDod

MercDod

Flower formation looks great for being week 3!

What prompted you to do 20 gallons on an indoor grow?
My first grow with coco coir and flora treo was a huge sucess but took a lot of work (21 ounces with 3 plants with 1 plant accounting for 70% of harvest). Was looking to water only through entire cycle.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My first grow with coco coir and flora treo was a huge sucess but took a lot of work (21 ounces with 3 plants with 1 plant accounting for 70% of harvest). Was looking to water only through entire cycle.
If you like coco and still want a water only check out mr.canuk he does it very well

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m going to go against the crowd and suggest a bloom boost. Roots organic Boost terp tea can be used as a top dress amendment. But I’m sure they’ll go the distance with what you got going now.

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

For a 20g pot and the size of your plant. Those fibrous roots will still be expanding into new areas of the plant gobbling up all the nutrients they need. Just to be safe you could top dress with some worm casting and not worry about nutrient excess or deficiency. Other then that looks great and good luck.

MercDod

MercDod

Worm castings added (about 5 heaping handfuls). I can add more and probable will.

Craigster

Craigster

Man this is fascinating. I’d like some feedback if possible. New to soil. I used a mix of FF Ocean Forest , Happy Frog and Strawberry in a roughly 15 gallon pot, outdoors in a stealth grow. I put a GDP out in Apr when it was about a foot tall and slowly acclimated it to the sun.
So far it’s jamming. It’s about 3-4 ft tall. I topped it and maybe lolipopped a little too
Much but it’s now flowering and I’m wondering if I should add any worm castings as a top mix?
I have not fed it at all. I have only watered it. And again it’s doing well.
Any thoughts or questions to help me decide if I should add any nutes in the home stretch? I’d prefer to stay organic as possible.
Thank you

MercDod

MercDod

My plant was harvested a while back. Was only about three feet tall with big colas and a dry weight of 3.75 oz. Surly not my best work but some really nice weed.

Good Luck

Top Bottom