do i transplant (four five)

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
this is a bag seed i planted while waiting on my good seeds to come. i have no idea what it is (well, duh, its weed) and no idea if it is a girl. i have planted 2 of the seed i bought, they are autos, i am assuming this is photo. there are 3 bag seed, one i knocked over and it jumbled the hot dirt with the potting soil and burned it, its doing ok, just not really pretty. and one i sort of dropped something on it (my hiney, actually) and got the bright idea to tape the stem back together, and it might have worked, it is healing so we'll see.

so this one, should i transplant? it is in a 1 gal pot, i have 3 and 5 gals available. i think it is big enough to warrant it, but not knowing the gender im not sure if i should waste the resources yet. also i am curious, this has 9 leaves, and looks a bit different from the others leaf shape wise. can these help me figure out what strain it is or sort of close.

Do i transplant four five

soccernut

soccernut

transplanting is going depend on how big you want your plant and when you flower it ,more roots bigger plant , better yield ,as far as it goes leaves look like a hybrid

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
see how the leaves on this one (the one i fell on, broke in half and taped back together) are fatter and shorter and like squatty, but the leaves on the other one are more narrow and not as bunched up, and seem longer. but i dunno, i have never actually seen a real live cannabis plant before

20210320 180813

i have no real clue, i had a plan to grow 2 autos, see if i could do it and all. then i found bag seed, and planted them, and now i have these and the others, requiring different things, so i got a tent, i can use it to do the photos, and leave the others where they are. or, my other option is to veg them for longer (till the autos are done) that might give me some practice with things. or i can figure out if they are male and have to toss them. im just so very uncertain. but the seeds were a few years old, not stored right and i never actually thought they would sprout, much less grow. anyway, i am clueless, and mostly concentrating on the seeds i bought growing as planned, but i kinda got attached to these. i was advised to get rid of them, but i just didnt (fool that i am)

Last edited:
soccernut

soccernut

taping it up should work there pretty relisent ,that one wrinkled leave can go no sense feeding it ,also if it haling may not be a good time to transplant thats lots stress at once dont want to turn her male ,wait a coup[le weeks let her mend

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ok, i cut off the leaf and one other that looked like it. and yes, it is healing so i wont do anything to it yet. thanks!

another question, should i take the tape off when she is healed, or just leave it there till the end?

soccernut

soccernut

leaving it there if your not sure wont hurt it,but once it heals it will create like a nuckle where the break was once it does you can take it off

Last edited:
soccernut

soccernut

and honestly if it was me and theplant broke between a node instead of tape i would just cut it off ,and in 2 weeks 2 more branches will pop up its called topping

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i dunno, maybe half way down and broken in half barely hanging on. i figured id killed it, so i grabbed tape near me and that was on monday. it looked really bad the first few days, then it started growing again.

20210321 234607

soccernut

soccernut

then wait a week or so and transplant,but i top all my plant to increase yield but either way itll grow they are a pretty hardy plant

soccernut

soccernut

biggest thing you gotta worry about doing that stuff is stress theyll change there sex to keep living and to deal with it

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Wow, pretty cool. I figured it was a goner. It seems like it will live though. Thanks!

I'm going to hate it if it's male! I'll never know if it's my fault or if it was a male to start with.

soccernut

soccernut

just be gentle when you transplant take alot of dirt from around the roots plant wont even know its moved

soccernut

soccernut

as far as male goes you run that risk everytime you grow from seed

euphoria526

euphoria526

The only indicators of anything,
Fat leaves stocky plant = indica/ indica dominant
Thin long leaves tall spaced out noded plant= sativa/ sativa dom.
Only way to know the strain, especially from badgers is to remember what strain it came from

Latest posts

Top Bottom