Do I Use Nutrients Everytime I Water ?

• Thread starter Grower420UK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grower420UK

Grower420UK

So my ladies are now 4 weeks old I’ve been using nutrients ( Plant Magic Old time grow ) for the last 2 weeks I’ve been watering them everyday with 1litre of water each they are in 20l pots I’m starting to get yellow on the very tips of a few of my plants should I use P.Hed water in between like use the feed every other day ?
Here’s some pics of the ladies will be switching them over to 12/12 next Monday

Do i use nutrients everytime i water
Do i use nutrients everytime i water 2
Do i use nutrients everytime i water 3
Do i use nutrients everytime i water 4
Do i use nutrients everytime i water 5
Do i use nutrients everytime i water 6
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah In soil and ph is at 6.0
Water ph for soil grow should be 6.2-6.8 with the sweet spot about 6.7 imo.
I use Canna Nutes and water in between..>water.Feed>water..That works for me but I don't use what you Brits have over there..LOL
Maybe drop the company an email or don't they have a feeding schedule (always start lower..they want to sell the stuff and pump up the dosage .)

Illmind

Illmind

It's not that simple unfortunately.
There's a million and 1 reasons a plant may eat more or less than others in the same room key is to find a plant that adheres to your rooms climate medium and feeding schedule.. or u can tweak your environment medium and feeding schedule to cater to certain genetics u know are worth it.. there are usually hot spots in rooms where more water or nutes will be needed.. and cold spots where may need less.. keep clones on deck always so when winner is chopped it's little sisters can refill your tent asap..

Illmind

Illmind

Good way to see if they are thirsty is to let em dry out the leaves will get flimsy and a little dry to touch when they really thirsty just watch em all go through the stages maximize your nutrient uptake too because when they thirsty they pushing roots out looking for food n water.. if u constantly water n feed they get lazy and don't work too hard lol

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Good way to see if they are thirsty is to let em dry out the leaves will get flimsy and a little dry to touch when they really thirsty just watch em all go through the stages maximize your nutrient uptake too because when they thirsty they pushing roots out looking for food n water.. if u constantly water n feed they get lazy and don't work too hard lol
So how often and how much would you feed them because atm they are getting 1 litre of feed each a day do I need to feed till it runs out the bottom of the pot ? And then leave for 2 days then water then leave then feed ?

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Looks like you don't need your net up yet, just in the way for now
Some of the ladies are basically hitting the bottom of the net ( 1cm away ) I know it makes life so much more of a ball ache haha

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

It's not that simple unfortunately.
There's a million and 1 reasons a plant may eat more or less than others in the same room key is to find a plant that adheres to your rooms climate medium and feeding schedule.. or u can tweak your environment medium and feeding schedule to cater to certain genetics u know are worth it.. there are usually hot spots in rooms where more water or nutes will be needed.. and cold spots where may need less.. keep clones on deck always so when winner is chopped it's little sisters can refill your tent asap..
Here’s the details of the seeds I got they are shinning silver haze

F558A1EB 6AF6 4335 8934 D4873DA92C80
Illmind

Illmind

Well I personally like about 15 percent runnoff.. which is the amount of water that comes out the drainage area.. I read that you are using dirt if u need to water daily you either need bigger pots of your room is hot..but I would use straight water for 3 days and see how they react if they show deficiency then back to food full strength if they don't show maybe just give em a light feeding.. there's some good AB solutions out there from heavy16 Canna and advanced.. after awhile nutrients get very expensive keeping costs down using minimal amounts is key. If a well potted plant is in a nice routine it's should be good for 2-3 days in between waterings.. Fred according to plants needs..

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Well I personally like about 15 percent runnoff.. which is the amount of water that comes out the drainage area.. I read that you are using dirt if u need to water daily you either need bigger pots of your room is hot..but I would use straight water for 3 days and see how they react if they show deficiency then back to food full strength if they don't show maybe just give em a light feeding.. there's some good AB solutions out there from heavy16 Canna and advanced.. after awhile nutrients get very expensive keeping costs down using minimal amounts is key. If a well potted plant is in a nice routine it's should be good for 2-3 days in between waterings.. Fred according to plants needs..
What I’m going to do is give them PH water for a few days like I was with the nutrients and then see if this helps with the yellow tips or might just be cuz I don’t water enough for any run off at all maybe I should water more till I get 15% run off then leave the ladies for 2/3 days till they are dry and thirsty ? What you think ?

Illmind

Illmind

Yea for sure.. a light water every day will work but yea I'd go for heavier ones saturate all of the medium.. and make em work for them nutes.. u say the tips are burnt ? That is overfeeding usually.. the tip discoloration in new growth especially main top will have faded n sometimes burnt tips which is when you know to ease on the feeding.. when those burnt new growth leaves get older they still have burnt tips so if u have a large amount of leaves with burnt tips you've been overfeeding for awhile.. if all are burnt they u borderline blowing it out.. you gotta train yourself to look for small details and act accordingly.. and honestly you can't really teach it u either have it or you don't.. honestly magnifying glass helps to spot shit and early herms etc.. I recommend u get one.. pests are another thing u wanna familiarize yourself with because they can invisibly doom your whole op.. alot of reading and experience man no replacement for experience.. honestly you have the right idea and looks as though u did your research but some people's information can also be bad for you.. what may work for me may not work in your environment. There's graphs with the different issues and what the leafs will display if experiencing that issue.. overwatering and underwatering look almost the same leaves droop and get flimsy cept when they thirsty pot will be bone dry and leaves drier and when overwatering they super moist almost mushy not flimsy. I like to let my soil get nice n dry because excessive water leads to several things root rott being most common all of which really suck so that's why I recommend u lighten up your waterings..

Grower420UK

Grower420UK

Yea for sure.. a light water every day will work but yea I'd go for heavier ones saturate all of the medium.. and make em work for them nutes.. u say the tips are burnt ? That is overfeeding usually.. the tip discoloration in new growth especially main top will have faded n sometimes burnt tips which is when you know to ease on the feeding.. when those burnt new growth leaves get older they still have burnt tips so if u have a large amount of leaves with burnt tips you've been overfeeding for awhile.. if all are burnt they u borderline blowing it out.. you gotta train yourself to look for small details and act accordingly.. and honestly you can't really teach it u either have it or you don't.. honestly magnifying glass helps to spot shit and early herms etc.. I recommend u get one.. pests are another thing u wanna familiarize yourself with because they can invisibly doom your whole op.. alot of reading and experience man no replacement for experience.. honestly you have the right idea and looks as though u did your research but some people's information can also be bad for you.. what may work for me may not work in your environment. There's graphs with the different issues and what the leafs will display if experiencing that issue.. overwatering and underwatering look almost the same leaves droop and get flimsy cept when they thirsty pot will be bone dry and leaves drier and when overwatering they super moist almost mushy not flimsy. I like to let my soil get nice n dry because excessive water leads to several things root rott being most common all of which really suck so that's why I recommend u lighten up your waterings..
Yeah the yellow tips are mainly on new growth there’s not much at all and I’m using the recomended amount according to the grow schedule I’m switching them over to 12/12 next Monday do you think I should give them a heavy water tomorrow with just normal (. Ph of 6.3 ) water till I go into flowering then start with 1/2 strength nutrients in my water ?

Top Bottom