Do Og Strains Bulk Late In Flower?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

curently running octane og from norstar genetics.. it says its a 9-10 week strain and im in day 41 which is in week 5. the plants havnt really started to swell.. can anyone give me some info on ogs. this is the first time running ogs.

Natural

Natural

Pure og's change with environment...and every OG is different. Food..temps..feeding habits..medium..all can determine how they end up. Blowing them out with warm rooms co2 and boosters is not always the best idea. But og's do tend to swell late and chunk hard the last bit of flower fwiw

vangs

vangs

Pure og's change with environment...and every OG is different. Food..temps..feeding habits..medium..all can determine how they end up. Blowing them out with warm rooms co2 and boosters is not always the best idea. But og's do tend to swell late and chunk hard the last bit of flower fwiw
would the octane be considered pure og?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Ime every strain bulks in the last few weeks of flower if you're giving them enough light and water.

Natural

Natural

curently running octane og from norstar genetics.. it says its a 9-10 week strain and im in day 41 which is in week 5. the plants havnt really started to swell.. can anyone give me some info on ogs. this is the first time running ogs.
I had to look it up..but no..it some sort of cross.

Nepali (Fire) OG Kush x Frisco OG (hell's angel og xdeadhead og)

vangs

vangs

I had to look it up..but no..it some sort of cross.

Nepali (Fire) OG Kush x Frisco OG (hell's angel og xdeadhead og)
so if it says to run it 9-10 weeks and i decide to run it 10 weeks, do i begin flushing week 9 and cut on day 63 and do i cut on day 70?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

so if it says to run it 9-10 weeks and i decide to run it 10 weeks, do i begin flushing week 9 and cut on day 63 and do i cut on day 70?
I dont think anyone will be able to tell you when a strain will finish unless you have the same exact clone. Seeds are all slightly different. But i can say my og 18 i used to grow took a full 9 weeks to finish. She always put on all her weight last 2 weeks. Be careful for over feeding OG's are notoriously finicky. Also watch for bugs and pm. They were the reason i got rid of og18, strain was very susceptible. I love smoking og but growing it can be a pain in the ass.

vangs

vangs

I dont think anyone will be able to tell you when a strain will finish unless you have the same exact clone. Seeds are all slightly different. But i can say my og 18 i used to grow took a full 9 weeks to finish. She always put on all her weight last 2 weeks. Be careful for over feeding OG's are notoriously finicky. Also watch for bugs and pm. They were the reason i got rid of og18, strain was very susceptible. I love smoking og but growing it can be a pain in the ass.
well everythings going good and im in day 43 and its a 9-10 week strain.. i actually just started noticing her bulk. i think she just started bulking.. plus i had 600w over them and i swapped them in for nanolux 1000s like 7 to 10 days ago, so im starting to see it now, maybe the lights or mybe the timing.. either way, if im gunna run her 70 weeks, should i start flushing day 63 and cut day 70 if im flushing for a week?? or do i run her 70 days and flush 70-77??

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Again no one can tell you exactly when a strain from seed will finish they all are different phenotypes with different characteristics. I would wait till week 8 and you will be able to tell if it needs one or 2 more weeks. My rule of thumb is when the white hairs start darkening and it looks like buds are filled in i start flush. my best guess without seeing any pics of your plants based on my past experience with a few different cuts of og strains is about day 60 you will probably need to start flush. Go by how the plant and buds look not what it says on your pack of seeds!

vangs

vangs

Again no one can tell you exactly when a strain from seed will finish they all are different phenotypes with different characteristics. I would wait till week 8 and you will be able to tell if it needs one or 2 more weeks. My rule of thumb is when the white hairs start darkening and it looks like buds are filled in i start flush. my best guess without seeing any pics of your plants based on my past experience with a few different cuts of og strains is about day 60 you will probably need to start flush. Go by how the plant and buds look not what it says on your pack of seeds!
do ogs like calmag

Top Bottom