Do opened fertilizers expire?

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

I did a quick search and found nothing on it.
I cant find info on the bottle.

I have some opened bottles from last year (1 year a a couple months opened). Should they be good?
I shake them well before using. Looks like when I use one bottle, the plants get very burned. I am not sure yet is this is too much fertilizer. The fertilizer in question is BachumusEvolution.

Thanks

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Pictures will help with diagnosing your plants, but nutrients don't typically expire unless it is an extract, like maybe kelp extract or something. Chemical fertilizers don't degrade for the most part.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They don't expire but if they are liquid concentrate and were not sealed well over time they can become even more concentrated so like with most feed it's not a bad idea to measure the ppm.

If it's a dry fert no real worries if it's been exposed to moisture and clumping just break it up and good to go

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I call bullshit on you having searched. Done answering your questions; I don't waste time on lazy people. People don't hang out on forums to be your personal google.

Screen Shot 2019 07 12 at 95255 AM
BigCube

BigCube

I cant find info on the bottle.

I have some opened bottles from last year (1 year a a couple months opened). Should they be good?
I shake them well before using. Looks like when I use one bottle, the plants get very burned. I am not sure yet is this is too much fertilizer. The fertilizer in question is BachumusEvolution.

Thanks

1 year should be ok. But there comes a point where the chemicals start to break down. 1 year ok, 5 year? Start to think about replacing them lol.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I call bullshit on you having searched. Done answering your questions; I don't waste time on lazy people. People don't hang out on forums to be your personal google.
I call bullshit on you... I did search on google and this forum. Read a few things. Because there is not any post here about it, i created it. Someone could (and apparently had) have an easy answer. Yes I am lazy, thats why i said i only did a "quick search". I assume shelf life is when the container is closed - Mine was opened and used.

? that doesnt make sense

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I call bullshit on you... I did search on google and this forum. Read a few things. Because there is not any post here about it, i created it. Someone could (and apparently had) have an easy answer. Yes I am lazy, thats why i said i only did a "quick search". I assume shelf life is when the container is closed - Mine was opened and used.

? that doesnt make sense
I'm a lazy guy... I did not look up what that emote means and so I'm not sure if it makes sense or not but it looked cool. Something like Sherlock Holmes would wear.

We are all guilty of this at some point. Not a big deal being called out on it. I usually just say I'm to lazy to look it up and sift the all the bs on the interwebs can someone just answer it for me.... And they do.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I use it once a week, as it says in the bottle. In the bottle it says 4ml/l, i am putting 2ml/l...

IMG 20190712 183906
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

? that doesnt make sense
You're even too lazy to read my post. I literally googled the title to your thread, and the first result exactly answered your question. All of the accumulated knowledge of the world is at your fingertips, and you won't look for it. You're likely to struggle as a grower.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I'm a lazy guy... I did not look up what that emote means and so I'm not sure if it makes sense or not but it looked cool. Something like Sherlock Holmes would wear.

We are all guilty of this at some point. Not a big deal being called out on it. I usually just say I'm to lazy to look it up and sift the all the bs on the interwebs can someone just answer it for me.... And they do.
I understood the emoji, i just think i was not busted. I dislike when people ask the same question over and over on foruns and i dislike spam. I dont think i did it

mdmazing

mdmazing

You're even too lazy to read my post. I literally googled the title to your thread, and the first result exactly answered your question. All of the accumulated knowledge of the world is at your fingertips, and you won't look for it. You're likely to struggle as a grower.
You are making less sense every reply.
I already said (and you quoted me) i assumed shelf life was when the container was closed. I didnt think it was the same when opened. There, Sherlock

mdmazing

mdmazing

When google shows you an answer like this, the answer is not specifically to my question, its another question, that you can read bellow. Because i thought shelf life was for sealed containers, that answer did not interested me.
understood? you might be a good grower (no idea) but i think you lack empathy, or you are in a bad day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You are making less sense every reply.
I already said (and you quoted me) i assumed shelf life was when the container was closed. I didnt think it was the same when opened. There, Sherlock
I think he makes a lot of sense but hey let's all just smoke a bowl and leave it at that.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I think he makes a lot of sense but hey let's all just smoke a bowl and leave it at that.
disagree... instead of wasting time telling me i am lazy and probably struggle with growing, he could have helped me much faster and easier. but i think you all anyway, of course!
but yes, this forum helped me over the years, i dont want to contribute to negativity... sorry

thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use it once a week, as it says in the bottle. In the bottle it says 4ml/l, i am putting 2ml/l...
That pic is showing some signs of potassium deficiency I would say. But I can't tell you what the cause is. In fact I see a few deficiencies. I'm not a soil guy so I will leave it to them but it could be a simple as under fed to a nutrient lockout. Wish I could be more help but I'm hoping the soil guys will chime in for ya. Whacha say @OldManRiver @Jimster @BigCube since you all are already in here.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

disagree... instead of wasting time telling me i am lazy and probably struggle with growing, he could have helped me much faster and easier. but i think you all anyway, of course!
but yes, this forum helped me over the years, i dont want to contribute to negativity... sorry

thanks
I think he was the first to help you. But yeah let's just move on to helping

Top Bottom