Do plants need a colder night temp?

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I’ve been wondering this for a while and don’t quite remember my info on the subject. But do plants need a colder night temp? I’ve always had the temps between 75 degrees to 80 degrees constantly cause of my house temps.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't believe they need a cooler to at night. It just happens with no lights on often.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

During flower i suggest letting the temp drop just like when the sun goes down outside. Not but 5 to 10 degrees. Normally it happens cause itll be cooler when lights are off. Its important to not let it fluctuate more than 10 degrees.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So from 0-10f cooler temps with light off compared to lights on the node spacing will pretty much stay thw same... the larger the diff maybe slightly more node space but hardly noticeable. Now once you break that 0 diff mark thing change alot. From even 2f cooler during the light on than lights off you will see the node spacing plumet and really make a difference in shortening the node spacing.

Testes this a few times at various stages of growth. Can be effective in the O fuck I flipped to late scenario or with the sativas. But not something I feel has any benefit other than reducing node spacing and seems to me it also slows growth a bit so not recommending it as a norm.

quirk

quirk

While some plants benefit from and even require colder temps, cannabis isn't among them.
By that I mean you're not going to increase brix or yield by providing a cooler/colder temperature any
time during the grow, lights on or off. Conversely, too cold or hot equals lower brix and yield.

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

I know indoor is different than outdoor, buuuuut... the Emerald Triangle in Northern California, is the largest cannabis-producing region in the United States.

C25FA97B 5FB4 4E26 91E3 2373A9C8AE49

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Ok so today the hygrometer that I have had a high and low temp so the high was 76 and the low was 74 the tent. When lights on. When I go check tomorrow when the light comes on I’ll update and see. I definitely don’t want lights off to be hotter. Lol so I’m gonna keep monitoring it t. But for some reason maybe my ac is really good. Lol the temp is almost always hotter at my exhaust then it is at intake but it’s always seems to be stable inside the tent.

mancorn

mancorn

the temperature in the ground is much more stable. Inside small pots much more fluctuation.
I totally agree with Aquaman’s comments on temp and node spacing and that you almost assuredly don’t want large fluctuation because of the large spacing. But plants don’t need or suffer from large day/night temperature swings. Here’s an example of cold night and warm days (May photo) outdoor in pots in what I would consider large spacing.
24EFCC8B C3B7 4426 AAFF 359AB3EEF345

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I totally agree with Aquaman’s comments on temp and node spacing and that you almost assuredly don’t want large fluctuation because of the large spacing. But plants don’t need or suffer from large day/night temperature swings. Here’s an example of cold night and warm days (May photo) outdoor in pots.
View attachment 1095683

the plants i grew in my 50 degree basement with the porous concrete floor would disagree. They went bad fast.

Top Bottom