Do plants need a colder night temp?

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so here is my take... root temps and plant temps are far more important than air temps and they are very different... plants sustain low air temls when the root temos are reasonable.

Imo the root twmls have much more influence on the plant than air temps... like was said indoor in small pots it can be an issue outdoor not so much because ground temps are very stable.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok so here is my take... root temps and plant temps are far more important than air temps and they are very different... plants sustain low air temls when the root temos are reasonable.

Imo the root twmls have much more influence on the plant than air temps... like was said indoor in small pots it can be an issue outdoor not so much because ground temps are very stable.

i said the same but @mancorn showed healthy plants in small containers outside with 50 degree night temps. So i think cold and wet is the problem. Not just cold as dryish cold roots will heat up quickly at lights on so to speak.

mancorn

mancorn

thank you very much. :-). And its high temps under lamps that can hurt potency, flavor and smell from burning terps and heat stressing in general.

Yeah I’m always sweating (ha ha) the warm days and never really think too much about the cool night. Another May picture where I had to put the pots in protectors as the little ladies weren’t in the ground and frying due to an early heat wave.

Edit: I no longer recommend the Daytime, but rather Drake’s Kick Back for day drinking

7D22C7CE 9CFE 4F21 BE05 64390E17D065

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I’m always sweating (ha ha) the warm days and never really think too much about the cool night. Another May picture where I had to put the pots in protectors as the little ladies weren’t in the ground and frying due to an early heat wave.

Edit: I no longer recommend the Daytime, but rather Drake’s Kick Back for day drinking

View attachment 1095702

nice garden. I have no privacy in my yard to do anything.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

I am thinking about this and i think i know whats different. The cold basement under artificial lights with relatively cool (70’s) growing conditions the cold floor causes the same problem as overwatering consistently.

outside in the sun can still have good dry cycle so the roots are colder but not so wet and cold.
I STOOD tent on top of plastic shipping pallets with a2 inch peace of blue board helps a lot with cold concrete/cold root problem i will try for a soil temp latter runs at77-79degrees 47%-50%rh

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I STOOD tent on top of plastic shipping pallets with a2 inch peace of blue board helps a lot with cold concrete/cold root problem i will try for a soil temp latter runs at77-79degrees 47%-50%rh

I didnt see it coming. It was my first grow in my new (old) house. The basement got down to 45 in the back end with the tents. Pallets and insulation board didnt help.

Top Bottom