Do plants need a colder night temp?

• Thread starter RealizedReal000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

tried that too. But i was likely too late with soggy roots by then. I was a much newer grower and did not know what was happening at the time.
Bro I can see a huge benefit in heat mats for you... but it will fuxk with what ya have dialed in... make no mistake about it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bro I can see a huge benefit in heat mats for you... but it will fuxk with what ya have dialed in... make no mistake about it.

The plan is to get the htg reflective tent cloth they sell in 100 foot rolls and curtain off a 10x10 area and hang 4 hid lights maybe even bare bulb vertical and grow trees old school.

Or i will use the 2 hps lamps i have without the glass and add 2 cmh.

The area is right next to my chimney outlet so i can run heat out the house or right back ip to the living room.

Heat mats on pallets in winter. Only trying to keep pots at room temp. Mine are about 68 - 73 degrees now upstairs with lights on.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

never had any time with indoor myself,1st try was 40 years ago under a 4bulbx4foot t5 aqua bulbs til this winter

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Interesting conversation earlier about temps, Here is what I learned from a few decades of growing, and torturing them lol to see what happens. If during the day the temps are quite a bit higher then that of night time the plants will produce extra gibberellin causing them to stretch, in my testing I think 15 deg. difference is minimum for this if you want to see difference, 20 deg swing is better, 5 - 10deg. difference you will get some stretch but minimal

if the night time temp run the same or higher, it reduces the gibberellin , controlling or reducing stretch to a very minimal if any.

Another way to control stretch is to cold dump your room. meaning for the first few hours of lights on bring the temps down to 5 - 10 deg. below your night temps, done during the first couple weeks of flower I found to be the most effective

As far as night time temps go, the biggest limiting factors is practical experience and imagination with it, don't mean that in a bad way, through veg and first part of flower I see no real advantage other then stretch as mentioned above, but from the 4th week on bring in the cold at night, the later in flower the colder it can be, 80f day to 35f night not only is no issue but has some really nice benefits to it. I've actually brought rooms below 32f. when light go out slowly bring temp down over the night, then just let the light bring the room back up to day time temp. just no sharp swings.

Madmax

Madmax

Im getting towards the end of my grow and wanted cool air to get a little purpling happening but some days humidity goes up and have to get the dehuey going that warms the room .
Outdoors i get purpling because of the coolness of the breeze in one particular area of the grow where the breeze blows through and doesnt affect the others..you will find some strains stretch more than others .so choosing the right strain for your climate is important ..

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

At the end of your grow exposeing your plants to cold will help to frost them up.

Yes I agree, cold in even the last 2 weeks will produce higher resin content, terpene content more aromatic and flavor. plus add color, and I bet it works far better then any extra light/ UV-B or dark periods at the end etc. cold can be your enemy up until flower and then it becomes your friend especially towards the end, Heat is your friend up until flower and then becomes your enemy especially towards the end.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

So from 0-10f cooler temps with light off compared to lights on the node spacing will pretty much stay thw same...

Who gives an ever loving shit about node spacing. What are you growing in a plastic tent still? You guys are living in the Bro Age.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Who gives an ever loving shit about node spacing. What are you growing in a plastic tent still? You guys are living in the Bro Age.
I do.... who doesn't? I mean that comment is about as dumb as it gets.... any indoor grow does. Are you suggesting the structure of the plant is irrelevant? Funny

What's this Bro Age you speak of?

And if you wanna start trolling then be prepared to go for a long walk. Watch that attitude cause I've had about enough of letting it slide. It's not like you contribute a dam thing here anyhow

Top Bottom