Do plants stop eating in late flower?

• Thread starter Nate_in_AK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I didn't closely track my EC last grow, so have no good reference. EC has not changed in 4 days. I'm used to seeing it drop slowly over time, around 0.05 to 0.1 per day. Recently I only see it go UP a bit as the water level drops. Adding the equal amount of lost water returns the EC back to the previous state.

We're in week 9/10 now, so this is late flower. They don't look ready for harvest yet, they look like they could use time to ripen.

I'm guessing this is probably normal, but Google didn't find me a concise answer in under 10 minutes, and I'm impatient. 😎

Picture because pictures are fun
Do plants stop eating in late flower

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

They can definitely start to eat less in late flower. I'm running some that finish in 7-8 weeks right now and they started needing less food by the middle of week 4. Each strain is different but I that's what your gut is telling you, I think you're right.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Sorry Nate,
I grow soil so I’m not sure. But I just wanted to say we’ve come a long way in a year!!
your flower is looking really good man!

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Yes, the last 15 days they drink less n less

Back off nute wise too, I go down to 600ppm day 15-10. Day 10 n less 350 ppm just uc roots n kool bloom, last wk 250. Uc root n kool bloom only.

It’s almost like a flushing

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

For fun I tried dropping the pH down from 5.9-6.0 to 5.75. It did not promote any nutrient consumption. Lot of fan leaves dried up this week so I flushed the res and feeding tap water @ 5.5-6.0pH. It seems a bit more difficult getting pH stable without the nutrient buffer. Tap water here is 0.24EC.

Top Bottom