Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower?

• Thread starter cannagrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannagrow

cannagrow

Alrighty. I am somewhat experienced but not sure what is going on here so I would like others advice.

Growing 5 plants in same tent. 5 different strains in soil [foxfarm mix]
4 plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots and 1 is in a larger solid/plastic pot
DO SI DOS 33 happens to be in the larger solid pot.
I noticed the first orange hair after 18 days of flower on the do si dos 33 and as of day 35 of flower almost all hairs are orange on upper and most on lower. None on any other plants in the tent had orange hairs until day 32 of flower with 95 % plus of white hairs still. My do si dos 33 has very few white hairs left and mostly on middle and lower buds.
3 pictures are from day 21 flower.
1 picture is from day 27 flower
1 picture is from day 29 flower
2 pictures are from day 31 flower
2 pictures are from day 32 flower
4 pictures are from day 34 flower 2 are the top bud and the other 2 are random mid and lower buds. Those pics were taken yesterday.

What do you think? She still seems to be filling out pretty good. But never have i seen hairs turn so quickly from white to orange

Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 2
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 3
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 4
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 5
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 6
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 7
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 8
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 9
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 10
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 11
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 12
Do si dos 33 ready for harvest after 6 weeks in flower 13
2Bad

2Bad

It's like a fruit or vegetable. sometimes it's speedy sometimes not so much. Pull when it looks right/ripe.

cannagrow

cannagrow

Make sure you're watering enough. Dry soil can cause early orange'ing

Make sure you're watering enough. Dry soil can cause early orange'ing
Thanks for the advice. This particular plant is in a larger solid, non-fabric pot, so it gets more water than the others, and does not dry out as fast since the pot is solid and retains water better. So I am not sure if that is the reason, but will certainly give it more water to find out!

TheWalkingPlant

TheWalkingPlant

Looks tasty. I asked and old school guy what he thought everyone did wrong and he said harvesting too early. I bet if you wait another week you’d get a lot more of it. What’s the recommended time?

edit: seems like it’s always best to err on the side of adding a week vs cutting a week early. Seems like most strains are 8-10 weeks, 7 at the absolute earliest. Unless you’re doing some led wizardry or something, I’d say wait till 8 weeks from you can, unless the rest of the lower leaves start to look super old or something

Last edited:
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
She looks done man....You dont want to over flower her either and I dont count days....I follow what the Plant is saying to me,....also thru late flower taking small sample buds to test for the best widow of potency...Usually a plant will go white when the resins go cloudy and thats a good sign she close if you are after a more vibrant early effect type pull...It kinda look white now so I feel your in that window already but your light source may be refracting/effecting that in the image as well....
The longer she goes the more mature and Ambers will show and the effect may go flat but be more sedative, or not...all Variety dependent...
Thats the fun of growing with a Plant..It will teach you when....just listen to it...hope that helps and power to it
FOE20

cannagrow

cannagrow

Looks tasty. I asked and old school guy what he thought everyone did wrong and he said harvesting too early. I bet if you wait another week you’d get a lot more of it. What’s the recommended time?

edit: seems like it’s always best to err on the side of adding a week vs cutting a week early. Seems like most strains are 8-10 weeks, 7 at the absolute earliest. Unless you’re doing some led wizardry or something, I’d say wait till 8 weeks from you can, unless the rest of the lower leaves start to look super old or something
The strain is supposed to go 60-65 days. I am at day 45. But it's been looking like this for a week already. lol. The trichs are amber on almost all sugar leaves, but the bud trichs still seem to be mostly white with some clear.

100% orange hairs on all buds on the top 2/3 of the plant, the bottom 1/3 has about 10% white hairs left. Barely anything new coming in as of right now..

I don't understand the quickness- I do notice that when I plant in a solid pot vs a fabric pot, the fabric pot plants always finishes later. The one in the solid pot always seems to be doing more, faster.. The other girls in my tent are starting to catch up and seem to be more on time for the 8-9 week flower period.

I am also wondering if me flipping to flower gradually instead of going straight to 12/12 instantly caused this particular plant to begin flowering a little earlier? Although it didn't seem like it initially as the stretch was in line with the others.. Who knows.. Maybe one of the phenotypes are like a "fast" strain?

Thanks for your comment!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The strain is supposed to go 60-65 days. I am at day 45. But it's been looking like this for a week already. lol. The trichs are amber on almost all sugar leaves, but the bud trichs still seem to be mostly white with some clear.

100% orange hairs on all buds on the top 2/3 of the plant, the bottom 1/3 has about 10% white hairs left. Barely anything new coming in as of right now..

I don't understand the quickness- I do notice that when I plant in a solid pot vs a fabric pot, the fabric pot plants always finishes later. The one in the solid pot always seems to be doing more, faster.. The other girls in my tent are starting to catch up and seem to be more on time for the 8-9 week flower period.

I am also wondering if me flipping to flower gradually instead of going straight to 12/12 instantly caused this particular plant to begin flowering a little earlier? Although it didn't seem like it initially as the stretch was in line with the others.. Who knows.. Maybe one of the phenotypes are like a "fast" strain?

Thanks for your comment!
Amber on leaves mean nothing.

A plant looks done a lot sooner than it is done. Trichs on flowers are the way to tell. You may actually prefer it the way it is now. The only way to know for sure is to take a bud or a branch now and compare the smoke to a bud or branch a week from now.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Plant is saying shes done man...your more just feeling out the best harvest window now...If you've taken test samples and have been feeling it out thru the end of bloom..
I'll make it easy.....A Plant will Yellow and Die from the Top down...
When you see Yellowing on the Lowers only that just cause its eating its reserved N...
When a Plant yellows from Top down, its Ripening and as the Resins mature from clear to cloudy to Amber they All Could hold Effect...
The Effect and Terp profile will change the longer you mature it....Which is what your doing now....Hope that helps and power to it
FOE20

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

Here are some day 45 pictures what do you think, she done already?
You could wait a lil longer until those resin heads get nice and amber and that will be some of the dankest strains you smoke when you take them until 70% of trich heads get amber your weed has a more narcotic effects...

Homesteader

Homesteader

Let the plant consume itself. If you need a bud, then clip one but you probably want one more week if you can imo. The smoke will be better imo.

Top Bottom