Do tou have to alter ph when using biosys (instant microbe tea?

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Just wondering if can use biosys and water without adjusting ph.
As tap water with biosys in is 8,2 abit high.
Let me no cheers.
I'm sure oh down will kill all the be official microbes however 8.2is high..

B

Burned Haze

What I would do

your intake needs 6.5 ph for soil. Sounds to high for me ? (8.2, what’s your ppm I. Your water ?)
= Change the ph before adding beneficial bacteria/ fungi and use organic based ph control vs synthetics (if you can, bennies don’t want it )

2. If you mean you are just applying your hose water and this fungi/bacteria is already applied to your medium , than try to apply the organic option if can if you are going to ph adjust the water .

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Can do that on next mix. So u reckon I should throw this and make another.
I fort soil would buffer it
And was told ph down wud kill.microbes

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I jus filled bucket up with tap water and mixed biosys to give some good beneficial microbes to the soil. And cheked ph was bit high. So I'm thinking throw away or just use and hopefully the soil wll bugger ot down abit from 8.2

mancorn

mancorn

Are you removing the chloramines from your tab water? If not, that would be much more detrimental to your microbes then the ph. You can throw in some fish emulsion (if you have that on hand). It normally has a pretty low pH and just a little will drop your pH and wouldn't to any harm to the microbes.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Water has been left to stand for 24 hours. Nah dont have none mate. I can either throw it use it with ph being 8.2 or add ph down.

mancorn

mancorn

Water has been left to stand for 24 hours. Nah dont have none mate. I can either throw it use it with ph being 8.2 or add ph down.
I'm just guessing that you're not in the U.S., (using "mate" 😀) as most city water sources here have chloramines as opposed to simply chloride. The chloramines cannot be removed from water simply by letting it sit. You have to use a filter or drops (for fish tanks). So might want to check your water source.

Personally if you're in the ground, I wouldn't get too freaked out about your water pH (especially if you're growing organically). Inorganic pH adjuster (and even organic like lemon juice) are antimicrobial, so it pretty much defeats the bio stuff. Pretty sure your pee will reduce your pH, but I'm not wise to how it would effect your biosys.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I'm just guessing that you're not in the U.S., (using "mate" 😀) as most city water sources here have chloramines as opposed to simply chloride. The chloramines cannot be removed from water simply by letting it sit. You have to use a filter or drops (for fish tanks). So might want to check your water source.

Personally if you're in the ground, I wouldn't get too freaked out about your water pH (especially if you're growing organically). Inorganic pH adjuster (and even organic like lemon juice) are antimicrobial, so it pretty much defeats the bio stuff. Pretty sure your pee will reduce your pH, but I'm not wise to how it would effect your biosys.
From uk lol. And cheers for advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom