Do two 200W LED lights equal 400W?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
ViparSpectra provides vary LED grow lights to suit different growers needs. For example, the XS series include XS1000, XS1500, XS2000 and XS4000. Here's the normal question that is frequently asked:

Do two 200W lights equal 400W? Are two XS2000 equal to one XS4000? What's your point? Thanks for sharing!

Cypress66

Cypress66

the double 200w setup would be useful in the event that one of them fails you will still have light till replacement arrives ✌️ 🇿🇦
And the lighting will be better spread by the lighting I would assume.. It's just a bit easier to set the lights depending on the plants if the height is a bit different I have found this in my room before now and it's a bit easier for me to use two lights in a 4x4 to grow 4 plants I use the bar lights and the spread of the light is pretty much the nuts and I have a qb of the same power as the bar lights and its a bit different to what you have with the bar light at the middle of the light you have a better or stronger quality of light than the bar light but its still a good option to be honest but it's just a wonderful way of getting what you like with a better price comparison ain't it a good hobby or what. Lol well its time for me to get to bed now haha thanks for the heads who's listening to me and bless you all those who love smoking safe in the way you go. Peace ✌️

ViparSpectra

Supporter
And the lighting will be better spread by the lighting I would assume.. It's just a bit easier to set the lights depending on the plants if the height is a bit different I have found this in my room before now and it's a bit easier for me to use two lights in a 4x4 to grow 4 plants I use the bar lights and the spread of the light is pretty much the nuts and I have a qb of the same power as the bar lights and its a bit different to what you have with the bar light at the middle of the light you have a better or stronger quality of light than the bar light but its still a good option to be honest but it's just a wonderful way of getting what you like with a better price comparison ain't it a good hobby or what. Lol well its time for me to get to bed now haha thanks for the heads who's listening to me and bless you all those who love smoking safe in the way you go. Peace ✌️
😊 Yes, one of the benefits of 2 lights is that you can adjust the height and change the position more freely. Thank you for sharing!

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Currently set up a situation with two 100w lights , one Viparspectra p-1000 and one we won’t say the brand ….. would like to get matching Viparspectra’s for this 3x4 closet ! Soon enough ! However I do believe two will give a much better spread and if you have a nice one and a lessss nice one like me you can even adjust the dimmer on the nice one rather than raising and lowering! I think it makes more heat this way though .??? Pretty sure
B42B5BD8 B59E 455A AAC6 8105A1EB5253

Cypress66

Cypress66

Currently set up a situation with two 100w lights , one Viparspectra p-1000 and one we won’t say the brand ….. would like to get matching Viparspectra’s for this 3x4 closet ! Soon enough ! However I do believe two will give a much better spread and if you have a nice one and a lessss nice one like me you can even adjust the dimmer on the nice one rather than raising and lowering! I think it makes more heat this way though .??? Pretty sure View attachment 1316571
Happy looking plants you have in your garden peace ✌️

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Currently set up a situation with two 100w lights , one Viparspectra p-1000 and one we won’t say the brand ….. would like to get matching Viparspectra’s for this 3x4 closet ! Soon enough ! However I do believe two will give a much better spread and if you have a nice one and a lessss nice one like me you can even adjust the dimmer on the nice one rather than raising and lowering! I think it makes more heat this way though .??? Pretty sure View attachment 1316571
Thanks for sharing! Very nice and neat grow space!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I have two XS2000 lights in a 2x4 tent. I have a power meter on each light so I can precisely set the level. I also added an 80mm fan to the heat sink of each light to dissipate the heat better and keep the lights and power supply cooler. I plan to grow two plants at a time in this tent. Right now, they're flowering. During vegetation, I noticed that meter settings higher than 140 watts each or 280 watts total (35 watts per square foot) would cause light stress.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

73122preefeed overview a

Bestva P2000 Blurple and their newer 2000 white light in a 5 x 5.

A bar light setup that I won from a contest on this site would be a really nice upgrade.....hint hint 😁

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I have two XS2000 lights in a 2x4 tent. I have a power meter on each light so I can precisely set the level. I also added an 80mm fan to the heat sink of each light to dissipate the heat better and keep the lights and power supply cooler. I plan to grow two plants at a time in this tent. Right now, they're flowering. During vegetation, I noticed that meter settings higher than 140 watts each or 280 watts total (35 watts per square foot) would cause light stress.

View attachment 1316994
Very helpful and professional setup bro, love them!

Trixie

Trixie

I have found that when you put two lights together you create a high-intensity blast from both side lights shining over each other. The end-to-end footprint is more than doubled compared to just individual lights on their own. Another good thing about using combos is you can raise the light's height and achieve a cooler canopy. The best combos I've used are HPS and LED mixed high above the plants.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I have found that when you put two lights together you create a high-intensity blast from both side lights shining over each other. The end-to-end footprint is more than doubled compared to just individual lights on their own. Another good thing about using combos is you can raise the light's height and achieve a cooler canopy. The best combos I've used are HPS and LED mixed high above the plants.
Thank you for your sharing! I agree with your opinions too! 😊

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

how high are you hanging your lights, hps or led?

Lockebox

Lockebox

After switching to two smaller LEDs, one 150W and one 100W, from a single 200W light, I've got to say I prefer the double setup!

I'm getting much better end to end coverage now, I can easily hang and move the lights around without gripping rope ratchets between my teeth, and I have way more flexibility with heights with the ability to raise or lower each side.

Honestly, any amount of lights is great though 😁

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
my ocd wouldn't allow me to do it knowing i wouldn't be able to angle both perfectly enough to get a uniform pattern of light intesity.

honestly i don't like the double lights - if i want to add more i will use that as my excuse to buy a whole new light (and a new tent for my old one )

ViparSpectra

Supporter
After switching to two smaller LEDs, one 150W and one 100W, from a single 200W light, I've got to say I prefer the double setup!

I'm getting much better end to end coverage now, I can easily hang and move the lights around without gripping rope ratchets between my teeth, and I have way more flexibility with heights with the ability to raise or lower each side.

Honestly, any amount of lights is great though 😁
Your excellent planting skills also play a large part. 😊

ViparSpectra

Supporter
my ocd wouldn't allow me to do it knowing i wouldn't be able to angle both perfectly enough to get a uniform pattern of light intesity.

honestly i don't like the double lights - if i want to add more i will use that as my excuse to buy a whole new light (and a new tent for my old one )
oh, I can understand you! 🤣

Top Bottom