do you flush between veg and flower

• Thread starter happydude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happydude

Hello all just getting ready to flip over to flower in my 12 site ucxl13 i was wondering if anybody flushes for a day or 2 when they change from veg to flower i did not last time and everything was fine. I run a full line of h&g nutes any input will be greatly appreaciated thanks

johnursery

johnursery

not here, in fact depending on the strain i wont even change the res ill just start topping off with flowering nutes with an add in total ppm for a slow transition then change the res the next week, since there so hungry at that point and there starting to stretch....peace

U

UNVME

Hey there. I just flipped, I just hooked up my drain line to the return pump, drained the system to the top of the 2" PVC, and re-filled with bloom recipe. Took me like 20 minutes for multiple systems. Easy as cake.

M

Mr. Greenthum

Yes if u flush ur plants before u switch to flowering then once u get into flower the first couple days they will grow really nice so i suggest u give it a shot it wont hurt.

U

UNVME

Why run veg nutrients for a week into bloom??

Have you attempted this before in the UC system??

What brand nutrients??

I'm sure there are plenty of variables that go into that concept...and I doubt that will work perfectly for everyone.

Anyways, just curious..

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The reason why people run veg nutes into the first week or two is because the plant has no flowers yet. I have found some strains that dont like flowering nutes at the beginning in my experience it will kill the sretch and adversly affect yield. Personally I dont get the starving of a plant for a day would help esp. on a fast growing, hungry strain. I have not tried the flushing for a day but probably wont make that much difference.

H

happydude

thanks all think im gonna flush for a day then renute with flower nutes start fresh with nice clean roots ill let ya know how it goes

deacon1503

deacon1503

Why run veg nutrients for a week into bloom??

Have you attempted this before in the UC system??

What brand nutrients??

I'm sure there are plenty of variables that go into that concept...and I doubt that will work perfectly for everyone.

Anyways, just curious..

I feel it gives the plant just that much more N for the stretch. You have to remember that the flowering agent in plants, florigen i believe, isnt produced immediately upon flip.

U

UNVME

The reason why people run veg nutes into the first week or two is because the plant has no flowers yet. I have found some strains that dont like flowering nutes at the beginning in my experience it will kill the sretch and adversly affect yield. Personally I dont get the starving of a plant for a day would help esp. on a fast growing, hungry strain. I have not tried the flushing for a day but probably wont make that much difference.

hey bud. I understand the concept. Typically, in the UC, people have been insisting all these nutrient companies have to much nitrogen in bloom.

Sure, the plant is growing, and growing fast at that, during flip/stretch... But that makes me wonder, WHY, does the plant stretch during flip??

Is it the sudden change of nutrients?? do you think nitrogen will increase the stretch or decrease it..maybe the stretch comes from being introduced into a higher p-k value??

I would say its pretty strain dependent, but even on these nitrogen/calmag whores like OG, greencrack, etc... it seems nobody is running into issues of leaves getting pale yellow before its time to chop...more so, it seems people are having issues getting all those high levels of nitrogen OUT of there plants by flush...

Typically, on the strain i'm running, (greencrack), which is a nitrogen whore, I like to keep the nitrogen up throughout stretch, while still introducing bloom nutes the day of flip.

This time around, I just left about 1/3 veg nutes in the bottom of my buckets and refilled with bloom nutes. The Dutch Master Gold seems to have plenty of nitrogen in the bloom line, and i'm thinking she's gonna keep me nice and green until im ready for something different.

Just my .02
and it probably didnt even make sense. LOL

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I found my plants always like flowering nutes the best the first 3 weeks of bloom are when my plants always look the best... Just my .02

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Its not the lack of n thats the issue its the too much p&k. Like I said I have only noticed this in some strains. My plants look the best when Im going in to cut them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I feel it gives the plant just that much more N for the stretch. You have to remember that the flowering agent in plants, florigen i believe, isnt produced immediately upon flip.

Its not the lack of n thats the issue its the too much p&k. Like I said I have only noticed this in some strains. My plants look the best when Im going in to cut them.

yup and yup

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Its not just the uc, Im speaking of growing in general. Never used a uc. Just other hydro ,soil,soiless,rockwool,and coco.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I dont flush unless I build up too high of ppm and then I flush with half strength main nutes (noadditives) until ppm is acceptable

only time my plants get straight water is the last days of their lives and even then they get some molasses

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Motherlode thats pretty much how I ran my recirc. systems. Even with coco I water half nutes back in after flushing. And when I flush I use ph ro with a lil cal mag in it. I never understood not feeding a plant, unless its had to much already.

J

JolySmokes

I've heard that after a plant absorbs nutes it leaves a leftover salt deposit in the roots so a flush is recommended to rid them of any unwanted build up. In my own experience I flushed between my last flip to bloom and the plant resulted in a CalMag deficiency. Mind you the plant is massive with over 50 colas and thirsts heavily for continual nutrients. So if you are using a CalMag boost in veg I'd recommend keeping it steady throughout the stretch, but hey a little deficiency stress never hurt

Latest posts

Top Bottom