Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Don't flush

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I've moved from soil, where I did flush for a week or more, to hydro. I've been flushing in hydro out of habit and wondered if you guys did as well. I have finished plants in soil without flushing and the bud took longer to cure before if tasted as good and smoked as well.

I'm using:
Pure Blend Pro Bloom
Liquid Karma
Cannazym
Cal-Mag+

If yes, how long?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I use coco but I think its still classed as hydro ? I was flushing for 14 dayz and now I'm gonna do a week .

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I think coco qualifies :nod

I've been going seven days too.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Were you using GH products Mr. B?

B

British_Hempire

2 week flush is essential for best quality end product, 3 weeks is actually ideal for quality but will cost ya a little bit of yield.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats what I've always noticed that my 2 weeks plus flushed plants have always been the best . Now I'm trying to see how much my yield increases with the one week flush . I know the taste and burn may suffer but fuck it you only live once .:evilgrin

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Yields in hydro have been ridiculous anyway so maybe I'll try two weeks next time.

steveedg

steveedg

i've always flushed for 14 days when using hydro just makes it taste that much better:yes

H

hailstone

I don't grow hydro but if I did you can be damn sure I'd flush. Hard to say how long for with no experience tho.

U

ukcheesehead

i would say 14 days . but this grow ive just done i only flushed for 7 .

C

connoisseur

flushing in hyrdo is strait forward just add plain water to your res and ph reg for 14-20 days change water every day for the first 4 days. some of the salts in your medium will run back to your res during the first days of plain water. then just add water and change every 7 days.

T

thcnology

Hey all, thought I might chime in here, any of you using GH FloraKleen? I used to like a good two week RO water flush changing the reservoir two or three times a week. Now I use the FK and can really cut a flush to one week, with no adverse effects, in fact it means I can keep givin it to these girls for even longer before I start to flush em. It's not that expensive and works really well, just pH balance it and moniter your EC. 3 flushes in 7 days with FloraKleen and you should be clean as a whistle. Then on your 4th flush, right before harvest, just use plain RO.

F

FastForward

Is FloraKleen the same as Ripen in the UK? Or is that KoolBloom? I've been using Ripen as a flushing agent but was just told today that it's more for force flowering than flushing...

T

thcnology

FF, haven't used Ripen... but the name makes it sound like KoolBloom, which in liquid form is a 0-10-10 ripener fert. The powder form is a 2-45-28 which functions as a flower hardener/finisher. So, I'll start using the liquid in like week 6 of bloom, and then slowly start incrementing the powder in the middle of week 7 all the way to the end of week 8, then start a 7 day flush using the FloraKleen to get all that stuff out.

Also, I change my reservoirs weekly, and almost every week I'll run a little bit of mild strength FloraKleen through for about an hour, drain it out fill it with plain RO, run it for an hour, drain it out, and finally refill it again with RO and my new weeks nutrient solution. Taking these extra steps will astound even the best growers, the next 3-5 days growth is markedly visible, almost exponential. This works because the FloraKleen loosens up all the old ferts/salts off the roots so they can eat again, and eat they will! The other advantage to this is that you can run an overall Higher EC. Higher EC=Higher Yields, provided you can thoroughly flush em out weekly. Plants really want lots of fresh nutes, but if you don't loosen up the old nutes/salts they have trouble assimilating the new stuff. Really it just doesn't make any sense to not flush out the old nutes before putting in the new, theoretically your just compounding problems, pouring money/nutes down the drain, because the plants can't eat it anyways. Have you ever noticed your plants just kind of stop growing even though nothing appeared to be wrong? I can guarantee it's a salt/fert buildup on the roots. With this method you will always see new growth everyday, and as soon as that aggresive growth starts to taper, you know it's time to flush again with FloraKleen, which ends up being about every seven days. I think Zyme helps somewhat with this salt buildup problem too.

Good Post, Hererisssh.

M

moggggys

a flush ? nahhhh , that requires planning and im much to spontanious for that , i normally decide to cut and thats it there down , no messing about

ripen is used to speed the maturing process up , it doesnt force massive buds , it simply makes the trics cloudy so a plant can be cut earlier

R

ReconMan

So if I have been using General Hydo's Final Flush for 5 days (the instructions say even 3 days is enough). Do you think I would notice a difference in taste if I kicked it up to 14 or would that be overkill considering I'm using a product like Final Flush. By the way speaking of taste I recently tried Botanicare's SWEET Berry flavor and it really makes a difference in taste...I swear by this stuff.

Top Bottom