Do you know of a difference between quantum board light height and power level?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I have a 240w kingbrite quantum board. I have a lux meter and if I get the same lux at for example 36" from plants with the power on 80% would there be a difference if the lux is the same at 24" and 60% power? If the lux is the same is there a difference in having the quantum board higher up in the the tent at a higher power level vs at a lower height at a lower power level on there?

threatco

threatco

no difference. closer is brighter. lower power is dimmer. If the lux reading is the same then you have the same brightness.

Going higher up gives better coverage, but needs more power.

Going lower gives more intense light at the same power, but can cause heat issues and less coverage.

Tomass129

Tomass129

I have a 240w kingbrite quantum board. I have a lux meter and if I get the same lux at for example 36" from plants with the power on 80% would there be a difference if the lux is the same at 24" and 60% power? If the lux is the same is there a difference in having the quantum board higher up in the the tent at a higher power level vs at a lower height at a lower power level on there?

Hi, I have the same board and a lux meter also.
Can you tell me what lux range you find good for this model?
some say in general 70,000 lux, but my plant seem to get stressed at this numbers under this quantum board.

thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom