Do you know What is making my girls sick? :( please help!

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blakeja

Blakeja

Hi guys wondering if you know this defic or what may be making my girls show such spots?

In coco
Fed once daily

I have no idea.
please see below and thank you in advance!

Do you know what is making my girls sick  please help
Do you know what is making my girls sick  please help 2
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The brown spots on the leaves are usually an indicator of a calcium deficiency but it almost looks like you have some little chew marks as well. Check the underside of your leaves carefully to make sure this isn't the start of a bug issue.

You may need to up your cal/mag input or you may be dealing with a slightly acidic soil blocking uptake of those nutrients.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The deformed leaves are a calcium problem sign along with those brown spots. Could be getting locked out by buildup of other nutes cal is very ph sensitive and doesn't like below 6.2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can also try looking in the root zone for bugs. When I see leaves like that I think rootzone issue.

Blakeja

Blakeja

The deformed leaves are a calcium problem sign along with those brown spots. Could be getting locked out by buildup of other nutes cal is very ph sensitive and doesn't like below 6.2

Cal doesn’t like being below 6.2? I input @ 5.8 would this mean the cal is only up took once my ph has gained while in the medium? If it even gets up that high? I don’t test any runoff. Not sure how to gauge.

thanks, Blake

Blakeja

Blakeja

Can also try looking in the root zone for bugs. When I see leaves like that I think rootzone issue.

To bad I transplanted this morning.. could of had a better look. What bug were you thinking ? Would I be able to look near the surface?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To bad I transplanted this morning.. could of had a better look. What bug were you thinking ? Would I be able to look near the surface?
Fungus gnats, root aphids etc. would probably see some tiny fliers around the plants.

Did this start after transplant?

Blakeja

Blakeja

The brown spots on the leaves are usually an indicator of a calcium deficiency but it almost looks like you have some little chew marks as well. Check the underside of your leaves carefully to make sure this isn't the start of a bug issue.

You may need to up your cal/mag input or you may be dealing with a slightly acidic soil blocking uptake of those nutrients.

Bites were from spider mites that hung around from the last crop I ran. Lost coast blasted them away this week.

What sort of upping for cal/mag ? Do you have an rough ppm of what I should try to hit?

Blakeja

Blakeja

Fungus gnats, root aphids etc. would probably see some tiny fliers around the plants.

Did this start after transplant?

no this has been slow but consistent for a week or two now starting to affect new growth.

haven’t noticed and fliers. I have been very closely monitoring these girls as my last run came in from outside and carried mites. Haven’t seen any new on these girls but did have some go from the flower tent to the veg couple weeks ago. Eradicated now and bleached the tent out this morning for the big move.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

If it recommends 10ml per gallon and you are giving it 5ml, then give it 10ml. If you are already giving what it recommends, up it by 1/3 to 1/2. You can do that for a few feedings and then back to recommended dose. If you add too much calcium, it can antagonize other nutrients. You should be able to find the sweet spot. It is likely a little bit more than what you have been giving it.

A quick way to get calcium to the plant is through a foliar spray, but I don't do those so I'm of little help on that one.

Blakeja

Blakeja

If it recommends 10ml per gallon and you are giving it 5ml, then give it 10ml. If you are already giving what it recommends, up it by 1/3 to 1/2. You can do that for a few feedings and then back to recommended dose. If you add too much calcium, it can antagonize other nutrients. You should be able to find the sweet spot. It is likely a little bit more than what you have been giving it.

A quick way to get calcium to the plant is through a foliar spray, but I don't do those so I'm of little help on that one.

I have upped my cal/mag by just under 1/3 for three feedings now. The spots have seemed to get a bit more pronounced but I don’t see and the influx in the amount. If that makes sense?

the plant seems really droopy, would this also be a cal/mag sign?

should I proceed to increase slowly?

see photos below, I may be paranoid.. they just don’t seem that happy. When they were in early veg these plants seem like they were absolutely loving life..First run in Coco.

thanks,

3EF817EC 33F6 4978 A6DA 61064876DA73
F44A4C59 3B8F 4BEB 88C0 E0EB985691EE
Blakeja

Blakeja

I have upped my cal/mag by just under 1/3 for three feedings now. The spots have seemed to get a bit more pronounced but I don’t see and the influx in the amount. If that makes sense?

the plant seems really droopy, would this also be a cal/mag sign?

should I proceed to increase slowly?

see photos below, I may be paranoid.. they just don’t seem that happy. When they were in early veg these plants seem like they were absolutely loving life..First run in Coco.

thanks,

“but I don’t see any influx in the amount” my bad just smoked one when I wrote that last response.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

So the spots are still there, but new ones aren't appearing? That would be a good thing. The spots aren't likely to recover but the fact that you are seeing no progression is nice.

They do look a bit droopy, when was the last time you watered them? Under and overwatering look about the same, but this may be a bit of soggy soil?

Blakeja

Blakeja

So the spots are still there, but new ones aren't appearing? That would be a good thing. The spots aren't likely to recover but the fact that you are seeing no progression is nice.

They do look a bit droopy, when was the last time you watered them? Under and overwatering look about the same, but this may be a bit of soggy soil?

their in coco, I was under the impression I should be watering at least once daily sometimes more? I also read that over watering coco is near impossible as it retains little to no moisture? Should also note I have been feeding this schedule since sprout.

I just had a thought, I repotted from 1 gal into 7’s the other day and had some issues with a fair bit of roots near the bottom of the fabric pots holding on and having to be gently ripped out 😞.. this would also cause some slight droop I believe?

But they have been droopy for a week or two. Before I noticed the spots.

thanks,

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

The transplant could definitely be apart of it. Coco you do want to keep wet, but you wouldn't want to water a seedling as much as a mature plant, even though you are keeping the coco wet in both instances, so there are levels of watering and wetness. Possibly turn yours down a notch or two and see if they perk up within 2 days.

Blakeja

Blakeja

The transplant could definitely be apart of it. Coco you do want to keep wet, but you wouldn't want to water a seedling as much as a mature plant, even though you are keeping the coco wet in both instances, so there are levels of watering and wetness. Possibly turn yours down a notch or two and see if they perk up within 2 days.

looked back at some photos from Saturday Pre transplant and can see a notable difference in all four plant sizes. So they must be growing alright?
The nearest on the right is the most droopy from before, but note the less droop In the pre transplant photo.

AF33E24F C29C 403F AB8F EEDA5231732B
5F6C2401 D3A4 4674 B93F 29DF5E3C6B32
Top Bottom