Do you think it might be a male ?

• Thread starter Redroverrook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Ok hate to jump right in and ask a for help but I have a plant that I thought was female I know how to check etc but must of made a mistake a while back when I had many plants so anyway I have a 3 month old plant started indoors then moved outdoors now I am.thinking it might be a male and the plant is 3 months old there is activity with the pre flowers but i don't have enough exp to guage it or at least guess...

I guess my question is can anyone just make a guess based on these preflower shapes this plant is taking up prime real estate to not be sure and yeah I can wait but its 3 months old and won't flower for another 2.5 months spring here !

I appreciate any help / guess

Do you think it might be a male
Do you think it might be a male 2
Do you think it might be a male 3
Do you think it might be a male 4
Do you think it might be a male 5
Do you think it might be a male 6
Last edited:
Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Mad bud

Thanks I know its a typical question ...but unique situation here apprecite your reply!

uphere

uphere

I'd guess male but its early. Very interesting set of photos though, at first I thought female but a couple pictures look very male to me. Maybe its a herm? Anyway, good luck and happy growing.

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

So the weird colored preflowers I think those are new like today /yesterday very hot here ...but yeah the plant is a strong grower and robust thats what kinda worried me but newer grower also

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Yeah herm makes sense but if its a herm and can still be grown out with daily snipping of nanners I would do it ...if it wrre to work out that way and didn't herm to bad ....well let's hope the next few days or weeks the preflowers take off and give me a better idea.

I will definitely keep this updated and appreciate the help / replies

uphere

uphere

Beautiful. Great work Redroverrook. It looks like a female in a full pic, cant really go by that but either way its a very beautiful plant. Happy growing.

Madbud

Madbud

Looking at the full pic i think i see single leaves coming out, that would mean revegging hell awaits. Are those single leaves?

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Hmmm I am checking that now I never knew about the single leaf thing good to know ..so they were on 18/6 since seed then I taperes down to 16 hours and they have been outside for a week or so now but entirely possible I haven't noticed any flowering starting but I am no expert .

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Hard for me.to tell looks.like 2 new leafs on each side growing out ...it has been very very hot here last few days and I am still hardening off from sunlight covering the plants mid day just with shade umbrellas lol .

20200527 205728
20200527 205803
Madbud

Madbud

Hmmm I am checking that now I never knew about the single leaf thing good to know ..so they were on 18/6 since seed then I taperes down to 16 hours and they have been outside for a week or so now but entirely possible I haven't noticed any flowering starting but I am no expert .
What can happen is they go from 16 indoors to 14 outdoors, enough to flip some. Then as the days get longer til june 21, they decide to veg again, putting out single or triple bladed leaves. Not always, but sometimes.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Having a short season and done the indoor-to-outdoor thing - Totally get @Madbud

added - Seeing that mode flip sucks. Best case is a week lost and two to get back up to flow, IF the strain adjusts.

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Oh OK I mis understood and was actually looking at the new growth coming out ...OK yeah I am going to keep my eye on the actual new leaves I was worried about re vegging but good to know for sure .

I am going to make a post with my other plants as well tomorrow I have 4 in Total outside 2 clones and 2 seed .

I did do a much faster taper of hours before going outside like 20 min every 3to4 days...

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I would note that I had an issue (sorta) like this. I had some lemongrass I wanted to just pace during the winter. Them fucks when into flower, because I tried to keep them in my house while it was cold. They are just now past the single-leaf stage and coming back strong on a 18-hour thing for probably two weeks before I got 3 and 1-2 weeks more before I am certain I have a veg-flow with consistent odd-numbers and vigor that is vegetation.

Redroverrook

Redroverrook

Little update on the plant certainly grown a bit since my last post like I said she/he grows to fast so ....

But the preflowers have grown slightly they all look pointed and i could be wrong but with my camera zoomed all the way in I think I can see a white hair emerging could be wrong...

20200530 154003
20200530 154523
20200530 155046
20200530 155101
20200530 155107
20200530 155148

Latest posts

Top Bottom