do you turn the lights off when you veg?... And if so, how long?

• Thread starter ken dog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

here's a couple of pics for you.,:)
20130906 184636
20130919 193113

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Do you have any idea how many growers here are truly medical growers just getting by? Not everyone here is a baller growing for profit. Not by a long shot.

Wow, I'm on your side. That's crazy talk. I have a job. I run 18/6 and I'm not a bum. It's not about money here. It's about the love of growing. I love to grow anything. Strawberries, veggies, roses, it's about the love of the plant. Not my bank account. You can have your "theories" beast. Comments like that don't help your case much.

ken dog

ken dog

Nice :) thank you. Do you use the cloning machine every run? Which machine is it?

yes, I use the 16 site easy cloner.

I will be converting over my entire grow to a recirculating deep water culture in less than a month... I will put the clones directly into the recirculating deep water culture... just as I did with my single bucket, multiple bucket system.

I cut a small hole in the bottom of the net pot, and let the clone root tail sit directly into the nutrient solution from the very beginning, and use hydroton in the net pot.

I will veg and top.for two and a half weeks, on a 24 /7 light schedule.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I cut a small hole in the bottom of the net pot, and let the clone root tail sit directly into the nutrient solution from the very beginning, and use hydroton in the net

Good idea. I know the cloning machine on the front of high times is very nice. I believe it's the rain forest. It's on the list. Been looking into them for a little while now. Good to see a nice mature plant in one. Probably do something like that in the near future to mess with something new. I'd like to see how the forum or cherry pie does in a system like that.

G u

G u

It's primarily about diminishing return.

The difference of growth you get changing from 18 to 24 is minimal a best and inefficient at worst.

Diminished returns

Max Frost

Max Frost

It's primarily about diminishing return.

The difference of growth you get changing from 18 to 24 is minimal a best and inefficient at worst.

View attachment 343656

Sorry bro...not to seem rude, but that chart tells absolutely NOTHING! Estimation Effort?? Estimate Accuracy??? WTF??!!! The time you spent putting that together was certainly diminishing returns!!! WTF is that supposed to tell...and more importantly WHY does anybody need a chart to decide if 24 hrs is better for them than 18hrs...LMAO!!! A chart? Seriously??? Sheesh...I need a rip!

G u

G u

I tried to type out my explanation, but I kept tripping over my thoughts, I thought a visual would help me express my opinion.

Guess that was a fail, eh?

Max Frost

Max Frost

No, charts cool. You just came into a war zone.

Haha...I'm not one of the gladiators, and I didn't intend any hostility bro. Just thought the chart was inaccurate at best and over the top. Meant to call ya out on it, Gu...but not in an unfriendly way! LMAO...hell, I trip over my thoughts all day long so I feel your pain! You took a shot...it was intended to be helpful. Certainly nothing wrong with that bro! Don't let me discourage you from helping and adding your $.02!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Sorry bro...not to seem rude, but that chart tells absolutely NOTHING! Estimation Effort?? Estimate Accuracy??? WTF??!!! The time you spent putting that together was certainly diminishing returns!!! WTF is that supposed to tell...and more importantly WHY does anybody need a chart to decide if 24 hrs is better for them than 18hrs...LMAO!!! A chart? Seriously??? Sheesh...I need a rip!
LOL!! My fuckin side hurts from busting up so hard.. Damn this post is hella funny.. This guy ^^^^ fuckin hates charts..LOL
Guess that was a fail, eh?
Then this as a come back made me crack up even more..LOL!!
U guys r way 2 funny..

Max Frost

Max Frost

LOL!! My fuckin side hurts from busting up so hard.. Damn this post is hella funny.. This guy ^^^^ fuckin hates charts..LOL
Then this as a come back made me crack up even more..LOL!!
U guys r way 2 funny..

Haha...I'm not a hater! :angelic: Charts can be cool! As a rule tho...I do expect them to give ya a little info! Hmm...guess I went off. Glad ya copped a grin!

Max

A

AlterEgo860

I been doin 18/6 for my HID.. and leave my floros that are on the walls facing in on 24/0 so electric bill went down.. and honestly. the extra light wen lights on is causing faster growth.. and the plants are staying nice and short.. bushy.

Top Bottom