Do you use both Grow and Bloom during flowering?

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

paulycali

i tried a little of both, but what do you think about this. Do you use both grow and bloom during flowering or only bloom. dont worry about telling me about supplements and additive just wanna know if you use them both together through flowering. thanks farmers hope you can help me out

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

i tried a little of both, but what do you think about this. Do you use both grow and bloom during flowering or only bloom. dont worry about telling me about supplements and additive just wanna know if you use them both together through flowering. thanks farmers hope you can help me out

no man, you don't want all the nitrogen during
flower.

D

DaWiz

Yes I do! All Three parts & Yes you do want some nitrogen during flowering you should keep an equal balance of N-P-K during flowering to reduce lock out of any other nutrients! You have to have close amounts of N-P-K for them all to work in coordination! You cant just flower a plant with blooming nutrients only & not with ANY Nitrogen!

U

ugmjfarmer

I follow feed charts. I get good results. If they say (botanicare) mix Grow and Bloom, I do so. I have not experimented with custom made 3-part mixes however, I have mostly used Botanicare PureBlend Pro, and for my hydro garden the feed chart recommended three bottles of them, Grow, Bloom and Soil Bloom. Mixed them exactly like they said, worked fine.

Next time, I ran just Bloom. Worked fine, however I had additive variables.

It comes down to this, most nutrient manufactures are upping the P-K on their bloom mixes but leaving the N slightly lower. Your plant depending on stretch might need a little more N or not. For the most part, you will find that any bloom formula works well for cannabis and should most likely be used at the start of flowering to increase the onset of flowering.

But if you follow the charts you can stay our of trouble. ;)

G

Gro

NO!if u are going to pay the money for a nute program,.....go with it.once u know ur genetic(have run them several times with good results)then u can tweek your feeding schedule.i sometimes use slightly higher nitrogen levels in the beginning stages of flower,but never in the middle and/or end of the flowering cycle.it can delay flowering or produce a week budset,depending on the genetic.

S

SYDAM23

i thought once u decide to change into flowering stage u need to stop the nitrogen?? i stopped and went 12/12 lights and using big bud which is perfect for flowering stage..but thats my opinion i may not be right....

P

paulycali

i think its best to use the grow in conjunction with the bloom only during the 1st week of flowering after that the plant should have enough nitrogen stored within for the rest of flowering. ive seen some charts thats use the grow and bloom just for transition and then no more grow. i also see some charts that use grow for transition and then for the 4the week use it agin. i am just going to use the grow during the 1st week of flowering along with the bloom and then stop using grow until next cycle

H

hbstoner

Depends on what strain you are flowering.. Some strains like bubba will start to yellow 1/2 way through flower unless you give them some nitrogen 2-3 weeks in.

true grit

true grit

Its generally a transition...as in as you finish veg and go into bloom you start to lighten up grow feed and add bloom feed. Most regimens cut out grow feed completely by wk 2-3 and are full bloom til flush. I have done both, but currently just feed my veg formula with higher calmag and kelp for the first two weeks of bloom then full bloom feed after that, IMO i can see the extra N for the first two weeks and bump of fresh green budsites during stretch, then new sites taper, budsites start up and I switch to bloom feed. Just me though...hehe.

supercharged

supercharged

Its generally a transition...as in as you finish veg and go into bloom you start to lighten up grow feed and add bloom feed. Most regimens cut out grow feed completely by wk 2-3 and are full bloom til flush. I have done both, but currently just feed my veg formula with higher calmag and kelp for the first two weeks of bloom then full bloom feed after that, IMO i can see the extra N for the first two weeks and bump of fresh green budsites during stretch, then new sites taper, budsites start up and I switch to bloom feed. Just me though...hehe.

couldnt of put it better maself bro

P

paulycali

right on! hey true grit do you use the seaweed kelp through flowering?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you followed H&G Aquaflakes chart you will be using a lot of N.
Your plants will tell you what to do,problem is it would take a few cycles and most people here do not grow the same strain to learn anything. JK
You want at least a 1:2.5 N:K ratio

P

paulycali

thanks farmers i got all the info i need. keep up the good work

S

Skunkenstein

I run multiple strains and one of my biggest Nute whores is LUI..This plant without extra Nitrogen in the first couple weeks of 12/12 will really yellow up prematurely,while all other strains are Fine.The nutes that Lui uses, would take a strain like Blueberry and curl the leafs and burn the tips to hell.So long story short..know your strain!

D

dreskew

Yes I do! All Three parts & Yes you do want some nitrogen during flowering you should keep an equal balance of N-P-K during flowering to reduce lock out of any other nutrients! You have to have close amounts of N-P-K for them all to work in coordination! You cant just flower a plant with blooming nutrients only & not with ANY Nitrogen!

Thanx for the super headsup!!! This is heaven sent

D

dreskew

Depends on what strain you are flowering.. Some strains like bubba will start to yellow 1/2 way through flower unless you give them some nitrogen 2-3 weeks in.

What if i accidentally give nitrogen too early or too late what should i do?

D

dreskew

Soaking it all up like a sponge... THanks for the knowledge and insight

S

SYDAM23

ahh tell me .....im in the flowering stage how many weeks should i give? and on what week do i start to flush out? ill post a pic if i get a reply

Top Bottom