Do You Use One Light To Do A Complete Grow?

E

Edinburg

Yep ur Vipe 600w 2 cycle so how about some swag? At least a t shirt, stickers? No? Not today?

IMG 20230205 064538
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I use 2 COB style lamps but would love to showcase a bar style lamp that would cover the entire 5 x 5 tent footprint.

Know any companies that are willing to send a care package to me consisting of....oh I don't know....maybe a KS5000?😁

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I use 2 COB style lamps but would love to showcase a bar style lamp that would cover the entire 5 x 5 tent footprint.

Know any companies that are willing to send a care package to me consisting of....oh I don't know....maybe a KS5000?😁
😄 The KS5000 is good for 4x4 ft. Do you have a 4x4 space?

T

Ta2joe7

I’ve done it many different ways . I love experimenting . I also love to experience first- hand, the differences. I’ve used everything from metal halide/HPS to 315 CMH, 630 DE CMH, to 945/1000 DE CMH. I even have implemented a 10,000 k DE 1000 watt MH for finishing . All were successful grows with decent harvest yield and quality . This last run I used a 630 watt Phlizon LED COB light that only has a veg /bloom switch config . I had it running with a 945/1000 DE CMH In the same crop. I noticed the plants directly under the DE CMH took about 3 weeks longer to get the same density, and size with regard to flowers . I also noticed an increase in ripening time . I also recognize the enormous difference in wasted electricity. There is no comparison either in plant vigor or efficiency. It was such a noticeable difference in the look and vigor of the plants . I took out the 945 DE CMH and bought another of the same phlizon LED. Now two 630 watt LEDs . My goal is to eventually purchase a couple bar style LEDS with dimmers but no telling when I will be able to . Potency is much better. Vegging is much fuller with secondary leaf growth starting way earlier than if I just used the CMH. So much less heat, I don’t have to use nearly as much ventilation. Much less noise. Much less electricity bill.

Madmax

Madmax

I use 3 😃.4x24watt t5s at the start that’s nice and easy on them up to day 15 more or less then under an 315 till 5 weeks of veg is up then move them into the flower room where the lumatek Zeus 630 watt led is waiting for them..works pretty damn well.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I’ve done it many different ways . I love experimenting . I also love to experience first- hand, the differences. I’ve used everything from metal halide/HPS to 315 CMH, 630 DE CMH, to 945/1000 DE CMH. I even have implemented a 10,000 k DE 1000 watt MH for finishing . All were successful grows with decent harvest yield and quality . This last run I used a 630 watt Phlizon LED COB light that only has a veg /bloom switch config . I had it running with a 945/1000 DE CMH In the same crop. I noticed the plants directly under the DE CMH took about 3 weeks longer to get the same density, and size with regard to flowers . I also noticed an increase in ripening time . I also recognize the enormous difference in wasted electricity. There is no comparison either in plant vigor or efficiency. It was such a noticeable difference in the look and vigor of the plants . I took out the 945 DE CMH and bought another of the same phlizon LED. Now two 630 watt LEDs . My goal is to eventually purchase a couple bar style LEDS with dimmers but no telling when I will be able to . Potency is much better. Vegging is much fuller with secondary leaf growth starting way earlier than if I just used the CMH. So much less heat, I don’t have to use nearly as much ventilation. Much less noise. Much less electricity bill.
Thank you for sharing your experimental experience, very helpful.

If you consider buying bar light in the future, KS series will be a great choice.

💪

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I use 3 😃.4x24watt t5s at the start that’s nice and easy on them up to day 15 more or less then under an 315 till 5 weeks of veg is up then move them into the flower room where the lumatek Zeus 630 watt led is waiting for them..works pretty damn well.
Several lights there, lol~ Maybe there will be some ViparSpectra's light in the future.

😉

T

Trae1170

I am using what I can afford now, which has been a mixture of Cheap LED and cheap CFL combined. The LED's stay the whole grow but I change the bulbs in the CFL when I switch the flowers over.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I am using what I can afford now, which has been a mixture of Cheap LED and cheap CFL combined. The LED's stay the whole grow but I change the bulbs in the CFL when I switch the flowers over.
💪This is an economical way to do it.

Are the plants doing well under the lights?

Latest posts

Top Bottom