Do you use the usb microscope to view trichomes?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I have a small tent and it is hard to move the plants in and out to view trichomes and I do not want to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes. I have tried the little mini $14 mini microscope and a regular 40x loupe and it was really hard to view trichomes bent over in the tent to view on plants in the back of the tent.

I have read reviews of the $20 and $30 usb microscopes that you can plug into your phone to take images. I think that would be easier than trying to hold the loupe to the back of the phone while bent over to the back of the tent to get an image that is not blurry. The reviews list that some like it and some do not. Do any of you use a usb microscope to take images of the trichomes? Is it easy to do without removing the plant from the tent and without having to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes for it on there?

threatco

threatco

I hear good things about the USB microscope. I use a little handheld 60 to 120 times mechanical one myself.

I find cutting off a little bit of Sweet Leaf to then examine at a desk is easiest way rather than trying to do it on the plant directly if you want to go for photographs.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. I tried with a different 40x loupe today and I still had trouble viewing it. I do not think I am going to be able to easily see the trichomes with the plants in the tent and it is hard to remove the plants. I think the easiest way for me to do this with how my tent is would be to cut off a piece of the bud. I think I would rather try it on the bud. When you cut off a piece of the bud what part do you cut it from on it? Do you cut off a piece from the top of the bud and how big of a piece do you cut off the bud for it on there?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Trichs

:)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Its made my life extremely easy as far as plant viewing. probably one of the best minor investments ive ever had.
Just ordered one I’m getting to old to bend my back over to use my eye loope . Od .

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Just ordered one I’m getting to old to bend my back over to use my eye loope . Od .
i wish i saved the shots from earlier today, the ones i posted above are even kind of blurry for how decent quality this microscope gets. i dont want to "up sell" it, its just a good microscope. But man i love it.

Also; it came with like, a 6 foot? maybe even 8 foot usb cable? Like SUPER long, so it can reach from my laptop to the tent etc. It also has Wi-Fi connection but i dont use that.
(Just some handy side info, i hate short cables etc, cant do anything with that junk)

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cool I haven’t been into getting to many gadgets but lately science I came back into the community I’ve learnt a few new tricks which you guys have brought to the forum such as this scope , trim bin , Remote temp , RH gages ,those ready cool bud clippers not sure the real name you get the point mate , being me and as stone age as I am I can see these little changes in the way I’ve been growing is paying off in this current grow which I’m really lucky to have resurrected or I’d be doing nada . Od

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I have a small tent and it is hard to move the plants in and out to view trichomes and I do not want to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes. I have tried the little mini $14 mini microscope and a regular 40x loupe and it was really hard to view trichomes bent over in the tent to view on plants in the back of the tent.

I have read reviews of the $20 and $30 usb microscopes that you can plug into your phone to take images. I think that would be easier than trying to hold the loupe to the back of the phone while bent over to the back of the tent to get an image that is not blurry. The reviews list that some like it and some do not. Do any of you use a usb microscope to take images of the trichomes? Is it easy to do without removing the plant from the tent and without having to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes for it on there?
I wish I had, I bought a mini microscope and it works great with it flat on a table at 60x mag but tough to use in my room. When I was looking it didn't dawn on me to look in photography for magnification. I think it a much better option for our needs. I'll have to wait for another Birthday / Christmas present, no money in the grow budget for another toy.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. Those images look nice. I think I will try 1 of the usb microscopes. I do not want it wireless. If the $20 usb 1 does not work I may try 1 that is like the 1 you linked on there.

Top Bottom