Do you want to be a forum moderator?

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Caosred

Caosred

A healthy online community is dependent upon dedicated, strong, and fair-minded volunteer moderators who can make new users feel welcome, keep discussions on topic, and work with other moderators and thcfarmer staff to keep this a safe and constructive place for everyone.

We are looking for people who:
  • Are able to dedicate some time throughout the week to perform their moderation duties.
  • Have shown the ability to consistently adhere to Community Guidelines on thcfarmer.
  • Have shown a dedication to the thcfarmer community.
  • Are willing to collaborate with other moderators and with thcfarmer staff to discuss issues that crop up on the forum.
  • Can be trusted to remain objective and not overreach when using their moderator abilities.
If you think this is something you would like to do send me a message ☮
Sound awesome how we do this?

TheRemer

TheRemer

I would love to be a moderator, I dedicate myself to my plants, I'd do the same for the farm, the farm has helped me grow as a grower, I'd like to pay it forward.

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Thanks bro appreciate it. Took some time to think about it and in the end I have the time and if I can help out a bit more on the farm I'm happy to do it.
If there is one person that does deserve it is you. I flick through forums problems your on it all the time well done.

Thumbs up mate

Oh yeah
God bless

GDub51

GDub51

A healthy online community is dependent upon dedicated, strong, and fair-minded volunteer moderators who can make new users feel welcome, keep discussions on topic, and work with other moderators and thcfarmer staff to keep this a safe and constructive place for everyone.

• Are able to dedicate some time throughout the week to perform their moderation duties.
  • Have shown the ability to consistently adhere to Community Guidelines on thcfarmer.
  • Are willing to collaborate with other moderators and with thcfarmer staff to discuss issues that crop up on the forum.
  • Can be trusted to remain objective and not overreach when using their moderator abilities.
I am also retired. Much of my work experience should help here. Public Relations was part of my job description. I have been a group moderator before in discussion groups and think tanks. I have four years growing and 50+ years using cannabis experience. If things get hairy, I may to able to consult an associate who is the Professor of Soil Science, Department of Plant and Soil Sciences @ Mississippi State U. But, I don't want to be a continual bother. I could keep better track of this site with my added responsibilities. Can you please tell me more about how much time this should take?

FMJ

FMJ

I'm willing to help anyone in anyway I can. I I'm a long time and respected member/contributor on a go kart forum.... 😁
I'm sure they are others that might be better suited for the task , but if you have to dig from the bottom of the barrel, I'm here....😂😂

Indiva710

Indiva710

So I take it you guys choose the moderators then....I never got a replied so I take it I was not picked well okay then....

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I'm just reviewing the thread, but I would mention that this would not be an easy job. This is being the bartender that doesn't take shit, but wants to keep the job. The job is making the place habitable. These guys obviously have some standards they work on making reality and know how to do it with enough nuance that you almost can't tell they are there.

This is not as easy as it may seem from the outside, I think.

I'd not be too disappointed if you are not selected - it takes a certain personality and skill set and you may need to be on medication to qualify. As for me, I'm a fool and I always rush toward the light, fire or other calamity to see if I can find a part of myself in attempting to be the best me, I can be.

That doesn't mean I'd be a good mod. 😀

Slap

Slap

I would love to do this for THC Farmer. Although, I'm not an experienced grower. I have more experience with my plants and lawn, then with cannabis. I'm a newbie to growing cannabis. I have learned alot already from THC Farmer and Jimster, he is great! It's not hard to tell when a plant needs attention. Giving expert advice to someone wouldn't be my strong point. If a forum convo. is getting off track or like facebook, I have no problem putting them in check.. If this enough to be a moderater then sign me up.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I was gonna post a thread about dandelions - I might have gotten your attention 😀

The things you can learn when you focus on a crop and start to get the sense of the dirt whisperer in your brain - as much as I try to make it science, farming is an art ( for many reasons I could expand on ).

So the dandelion thread would start with -

and then I'd get around to the permaculture aspects of the dandelion pulling up calcium and other needfuls ( I have sandy soil )......

Slap

Slap

Marigolds are beneficial, so is basil.
I will read your dandelion article. I don't like them in my lawn. LoL

Slap

Slap

I believe so, you drew me in with dandelions. LoL
I give up, seemed off track for THC Farmer. Unless dandelions are helpful like basil.

Top Bottom