does a drying tent (2x2) need an intake fan?

• Thread starter ilovetomatoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ilovetomatoes

ilovetomatoes

Greetings!

I have a small setup in a garage. It is not insulated but is completely walled in and nearly light proof.

Dimensions of the garage are 16ft L x 9ft W x 9ft H. Lots of other things in there, not just the grow stuff 😅

My question is about my drying tent. It is 2x2x5. I obviously want the environment in there to be as automatically optimal as I can possibly get for drying.

An Inkbird IHC-200 will be automating the humidifier/dehumidifier in the garage itself.

But as far as the tent, at the moment all I have for it is a small oscillating fan to stick in the bottom. I'm wondering what else I should buy to have it fully ready to go so that I'm not scrambling when it's too late.

Would it be a good idea to add a smart intake fan like the AC infinity Cloudline T4? I don't care about smell at all (really) but figured with something like the T4 it would help automatically keep temp/humidity regulated inside the tent itself even more optimally? Like if anything else in my setup struggles at some point the T4 might kick on and help even things out even further? I have no idea and that might be dumb 😆

I'm guessing I should have a flap open in the tent no matter what, but is top or bottom best? More than one flap?

I would sincerely love any advice, I really want to do better this time with drying.

O

omega_mu

You are going to want to go with an exhaust fan . Like you are saying ac infinity or something. I use fan to pull cold air in and out and humidity level. Keep that air flow with no fans in tent. I adjust exhaust accordingly. I shoot for 60/60 in my tent for 2 weeks or so. I have periods where my temp or humidity is off but not for days just hrs and no real issues.

ilovetomatoes

ilovetomatoes

You are going to want to go with an exhaust fan . Like you are saying ac infinity or something. I use fan to pull cold air in and out and humidity level. Keep that air flow with no fans in tent. I adjust exhaust accordingly. I shoot for 60/60 in my tent for 2 weeks or so. I have periods where my temp or humidity is off but not for days just hrs and no real issues.
Thank you. I have some fluctuations in this room as well so just trying to cover all bases this time around. Will get a T4... thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom